Tuesday 13 January 2015

Tips To Beat The Heat


I'm hot. Not in a Mila Kunis, my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard kinda way. In a sweaty, gross, I can't be bothered moving kinda way. It's lovely. Being from Australia and facing the hot Summers year after year I think I've gotten pretty good at knowing what to do when it's hot. That doesn't mean I know how to cope because I hate being hot but I know the things to do to stay alive, and keep my makeup looking good.

Use all of the mattifying products
I'm talking primer, powder, setting sprays, the whole shebang. That is the only way you are going to get any longevity out of your makeup on a hot day. I would suggest not wearing a smoky eye or a bold because it WILL slide off your face as soon as you begin to sweat and you WILL look like an absolute idiot. Invest in some good quality makeup extending products and make sure they work for you because everyone has their own preferences. 

Skip the makeup whenever possible
If you don't have to wear makeup, don't wear makeup. When it's 43 degrees no one is going to blame you for not slathering things onto your face. In fact, when it's that hot people will not even be looking at you. Think of it as a good time to let your skin breathe and just give up on the makeup. 

Drink lots and lots of water
Staying hydrated is key, you probably already knew that. If you can't bring yourself to drink that much water, try to incorporate it in other ways as well. Eat some icy poles and cucumber, things with a high water content. They will leave you feeling far more refreshed than any piece of pizza. Also, drinking all of that water will help your skin and in turn make you more confident to complete the step above! Bonus! 

Don't be afraid to reapply deodorant 
You're human, you sweat. Enough said. 

Go to the movies (or slip, slop, slap if you have to be outside)
Sure the beach and pool are enticing things when it's hot but I personally think they're a bit overrated. I still go to them sometimes, not gonna lie, so when I do it is super important to use plenty of sunscreen. The one thing that can make hot weather worse is having to live with sunburn during it. If you're without anything to do (or without air conditioning), just go to the movies. It's 2 hours in the air conditioning with a comfy chair and snacks, what more can you ask for? 

I know it's not hot for you all at the moment, you lucky ducks, so this is a post you may have to revisit in the future. Just keep these tips in mind for when summer comes around or you go on a much needed sunny holiday. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig