Tuesday 27 January 2015

Best and Worst Dressed of the SAG Awards

I am Shannon Hudson, and I am a blogger. Only those of you who actually watched the Screen Actors Guild Awards will get that joke, but basically the beginning of the show always features famous actors turning around in their seats, telling an anecdote and then very seriously saying 'I'm blah blah and I am an actor'. Oh god it gets me every time. Their stories are always nice and all but it just makes me laugh so hard. Anyway, there were also some women wearing things so let's talk about that. 

Best Dressed 

Maisey Williams 
I'm partially bias to Maisey because she's around my age and I think it's pretty cool that she gets to attend these things. I think she looks super cute and age appropriate. The length of the gown stops it from being overwhelming, which it would be had it been to the ground. The gold shoes are a really nice addition to make things more formal and her hair is lovely as well. 

Lupita Nyong'o 
She's back! Lupita featured on my worst dressed list for the Golden Globes but she's really redeemed herself with this gorgeous gown. I know that a lot of people wouldn't like this but I personally love it. I can't actually pinpoint what I like so much about this dress because it could easily be very overwhelming. The cut is flattering on her figure and I love the way she moves it around so that it gives a nice wind swept look in photos. 

Sarah Hyland 
Sarah always looks so pretty on red carpets and I think she often flies under the radar as a fashionista. The neckline of this dress is so interesting and different, it really makes Sarah stand out from the pack. The beading is impecable and the tule (or whatever, I'm not good with fabrics) around the skirt give it a princess vibe. Of course, her hair and makeup is on point too. 

Julia Louis - Dreifus 
A simple gown that does a great job at highlighting Julia's beauty. She's such a pro at these carpets that she could literally arrive in a carpet and no one would bat an eyelid but she continues to put in the effort and for that I think Julia should get some recognition. 

Worst Dressed 

Mayim Bialik 
This dress is boring, boring, boring, DEAR GOD. She looks like she is wearing a shirt my middle aged maths teacher would wear from waist up and then the bottom half is the most extreme mermaid cut I've ever seen. It is slightly better that the dress is in black but that doesn't stop it from being totally disproportionate. It looks like they got two totally different dresses and thought 'oh they're black, no one will notice' and then sewed them together. 

Julianna Margulies 
I actually quite like this dress from most angled. The colour is stunning, shoes are great and the cut of the dress around the torso is a universally flattering one. It is the huge gap in the front that I have issues with, it just takes all of the class from the ensemble. Some of those pictures are getting VERY close to showing us all something we don't want to see. Julianna is getting a bit older and she's a TV veteran, I just feel as though she should have stitched it up a good 5cm and then she would have been one of my best dressed. 

Amanda Peet
It is very hard for a woman to pull off anything lavender so I give Amanda props for trying, too bad she didn't succeed. This is a boring cut of dress that screams bridesmaid and it makes her look dumpy around her boobs which is not a good look. I also feel that the black contrasts too much with the purple and makes it a bit confusing on the eye. Sorry Amanda, maybe next time. 

Lorelei Linklater
First of all, doesn't it look like her head was photoshopped onto this picture? Weird. I feel kind of bad including Lorelei because this is her first thing like this and I always want to give people a pass for their first time but I just can't. Those arms on that dress are just horrendous. I don't see why people won't accept that pilgrim chic will never be a thing. 

Another awards show down and only a couple to go! It always makes me sad how fast the awards season comes and goes every year. Who was your best and worst dressed for the SAG Awards? I would love to hear in the comments! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig