Thursday 15 January 2015

(An Embarrassing) Top 25 Most Played Songs


I thought I would share my top 25 most played songs on iTunes with you today, not because I think it is a very good representation of what music I like now, in fact it's an awful representation of it. I just find it quite humorous that there is so much Justin Bieber and One Direction on this list when I was never that obsessed with either (in fact *unpopular opinion alert* I never liked Justin Bieber at all). It does have some of my past favourite songs on it so I thought I would run them down. 

One Thing - One Direction 
I have no idea how this song was the most played on my iTunes, let alone having played it 70 times more than any other song. That's just insane because this was never my favourite song. My only explanation is that we did a dance to it for school and played it over and over again on a daily basis to practice so that must explain it. 173 times though? Woah that's a lot. 

Harlem - New Politics 
This actually is one of my favourite snogs so it totally makes sense that I've played it this many times. It was my top song of 2013 and I still listen to it on occasion because of it's cool pop vibes. It's one of the best to dance violently to in the solace of your own bedroom. 

Coming Home - Diddy feat. Skylar Grey 
Don't ask me why but when this song came out in 2010 it was my favourite thing ever. I just adored this song for some reason and though my love for it has faded (probably due to the fact that I've listened to it well over 81 times) there is still a soft spot for it in my heat. I can rap the entire thing and it sound very deep when a 16 year old girl raps about her 'baby mama'. 

Eighteen Cool - Hoodie Allen 
Another song I can rap all of the words to is this one by Hoodie Allen. It's not exactly the most complicated rapping that has ever hit the planet so I won't give myself much credit for it. I like this song because I resonate with the words and I enjoy a slower, less aggressive rap song occasionally. Eminem is great sometimes but other times it's like 'bro chill'. 

Glad (Acoustic Version) - Tyler Hilton 
I'm so pleased that this song is on the list because I love it so much. I know it sounds weird that I'm pleased one of my favourite songs is on my most played list but as I said it doesn't seem like a very accurate representation of my actual favourite songs. This song is just brilliant. Tyler Hilton came to my attention when he was on One Tree Hill and this is by far the best song on the soundtrack. His voice is so husky and the song is just lovely and calm to listen to. 

Love Me and Eenie Meenie - Justin Bieber 
WTF?! I mean these are two of his songs I liked more than the rest back in the day but 68 and 65 times! What was wrong with me? I don't think even 12 year old Shannon liked them that much.  

This was just a quick little post more for my own enjoyment than anyone else's because it is so funny to reminisce over some of the crap I used to listen to all of the time. I know that other, more representative of my actual musical taste, songs are making their way up to the 65 plays mark so I will have to revisit this post sometime and see how it has changed. 

I would love to hear what your most played song is! Is it as embarrassing as One Thing 173 times? 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig