Wednesday 14 January 2015

Sydney Haul





I went to Sydney last weekend and, of course, it was a great excuse for some shopping! These purchases are a mix of department store, Sephora and drugstore and I'm very happy with them overall. Let's break it down y'all. 

Sephora
*This first paragraph is a story about my life, skip it if you don't care* The first time I went into the Sephora store it was very overwhelming. We came out of the intense heat in the middle of the day and the store was jam packed, I didn't enjoy it at all. In fact I ended up having a panic attack and we had to leave. While we were there though I sprayed a perfume on my hand that I fell in love with throughout the next couple of hours so my Mum and I decided to go back early the next day to pick it up for my birthday. When we went back it was a lot more empty and I was able to have a calm look around, it was great but kinda sad because I ended up spending a lot of money. 

I did restrain myself to only three products and they were all things I've had my eye on for a while. They only had one shade of the Anastasia Brow Wiz and luckily it was Ash Blonde, the shade I wanted. I think it was meant to be. Another thing I've been hearing about from bloggers and vloggers alike is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. This is already my favourite blush because I'm not terribly confident with blushes and this colour is so natural it's perfect. Finally I picked up the Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Liptick in Fig, this was totally on whim because I wanted to try something from Bite and this was one of the only colours that was in stock. I've found my new favourite lipstick so expect to hear more about this in the future. 

Department Store
Let's speed this up because I know I'll be writing about all of these products a lot so I'm just hauling them at the moment. There was a sign in David Jones that said 50% off The Balm products so I picked up the Frat Boy Blush and the Mary-Lou Maniser, then I ended up paying full price for them for some unknown reason. That was kinda depressing. I also got the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Sand Dune, which was not the colour I was intending to get but I made a mistake in which shade I asked for. Thank god it is still a neutral so I will wear it. 

Drugstore
I popped into Priceline to pick up a fresh Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair and ended up leaving with the much hyped Australis Velour Lips in Hon-O-Loo-Loo. This seems to be a good base for other lipsticks because it washes me out a bit on it's own, I would like to try the brighter colours of this product. I also finally bit the bullet and got the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, it seems to be working for me so far. 

Sure I went a bit overboard but leave me alone, I was on holidays. From now on I'm on a spending ban for a good few months because I need to build up those savings. What's your favourite thing you've purchased recently? I'd have to go with the Bite lipstick. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig