Wednesday 10 June 2015

THE Metallic Eyeshadow


My love for Australis grows stronger with every new purchase. I swear a good 50% of all makeup I buy is from this brand, it's just my fave! They have recently released a new range of metallix eyeshadows and I restrained myself enough to pick up only one shade: Pearl Jammin'. Of course, I love it. 

The formulation of this eyeshadow is very surprising. When I first saw the promotional images on Australis' twitter page and then eyed them off on Priceline's website, I naturally presumed that they were powder shadows. I didn't even think twice. I thought they had that Nars Dual Intensity Eyeshadow thing going on, but I was totally off base. It is in fact a mousse-y consistency that is best applied with the fingers. If you use a brush it either doesn't spread at all or it comes off as just a few giant pieces of glitter dotted over the eyelid (depending on what density of brush you use). With the fingers, however, it applies perfectly. 

As the name would suggest, the finish of this eyeshadow is extremely metallic. It is definitely not one for the light hearted, especially if you plan on wearing it during the day. My one issue with the shadow is that it never feels completely dry (unlike, say, the Maybelline Colour Tattoos). It's not that it feels wet, it just has the same ever so slightly oily feeling as my natural eyelid. For some, that may feel far more natural and comfortable but I personally prefer a totally matte finish. I easily fix this by blending powder shadows over the top and in the crease. I would be able to live with it as is but since I only wear this for special occasions, I want to add a little something something to the crease to deepen things up anyway. 

This is about as dramatic as eyeshadow gets for me so I'm really interested in trying the other shades. They are really affordable, which is always fabulous, and means that I can try some more without spending all of the money I have. The packaging is dinky and small, nothing special but sturdy enough to travel with (or juggle, whatever floats your boat). 

What is your favourite cream eyeshadow? I'm on a real kick at the moment and would love to hear all of your recommendations. 

Also, after seeing it mentioned multiple times in the comments, I would like to add that Australis ships internationally from their website if you're not from Australia. 


Lots of Love,

Shannon 
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. This looks like such a nice shade! I've actually never heard of that brand before but I'll look into them as this eyeshadow sounds really good!x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a truly beautiful shade! Australis is a great Australian brand that ships internationally from its website xx

      Delete
  2. You can never go wrong with a beige metallic eyeshadow! I don't think we have Australis in the UK, but I can image that this will be very popular if we did have it. :)

    Olivia x
    Beauty from the Fjord
    Huge Blog Anniversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my absolute favourite shades! I'm sure it would be really popular. They actually ship internationally from their website http://www.australiscosmetics.com.au/home.aspx if you would like to check it out xx

      Delete
  3. great post! I haven't heard of this brand before, it's such a pretty colour. would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a great brand that I would totally recommend you check out. I'd love to give your blog a look xx

      Delete
  4. I love the colour tattoos as well! These are like the colour tattoos more metallic big sisters xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 100% in love with Illamasqua's liquid metals!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I've never even heard of those! I will have to check them out xx

      Delete
  6. This looks like a fab eyeshadow and I love the colour but unfortunately I don't think this brand is available in the UK. Lovely review though :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab is exactly how I would describe it! They ship internationally from their website if you're truly interested xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely color!! Thanks for the review!
    Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely like dark shade look- so simple but so eye-catching :)
    http://www.trendin.com/women-shirts_6239

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely need to try this - I love a good eyeshadow!



    www.beckieeschle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pressure but you totally do! It's certainly a good eyeshadow xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig