Friday 5 June 2015

May Favourites


I attempted to save my money throughout May, therefore I did not discover as many new products as usual. As disappointing as this is because I love a shiny new product, it also gave me a chance to reconnect with some of my old favourites! 

Australis Metallix Eyeshadow in Pearl Jammin'
I was lucky enough to receive my Priceline Sister cash back voucher this month that gave me $9 off my purchase. Despite my spending ban, I just couldn't help but take advantage of this awesome deal. I stocked up on my favourite mascara AND picked up this awesome new eyeshadow. It is incredibly metallic so I don't find it suitable for everyday but on nights out it is spot on. The cream formula is really nice but I'll elaborate on that further in a dedicated post. 

Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Sparkling Dewdrops
This lipgloss has been in my collection for a few months now (read my full review HERE) but, though I love it, I tended to forget about it. I have been going for a really simple makeup look lately that focuses on soft pink lips and cheeks, a look that this lipgloss fits perfectly. 

TheBalm Frat Boy Blush
Going with the lipgloss, I have been upping my blush game this month. Usually I'm quite frightened of blush but recently I have been loving a youthful flush of colour. I find that this colour is the perfect shade of pink that bridges the gap between natural and vibrant and there is no complaints about the formulation either. 

Maybelline Colour Show Nail Polish in Latte
I went through one of those fazes where every single one of my nails broke off which is never ideal. To help cover it up and keep my nails strong whilst they try to recover, I decided to go with a totally nude nail polish. The Latte shade is a pretty perfect match to my skin tone which is awesome but keep in mind that I'm very pale so it will probably be a light nude on most people. 

All I Know Now By Carrie Hope Fletcher 
When my favourite youtuber released a book, you know I had it on pre-order. Carrie is like the book loving big sister I have always wanted so, much like I would for an actual big sister, I had some high expectations for her debut novel. Luckily, she did not disappoint! It is a biographical/informative/all round awesome book that will have a full, far more cohesive, review on the blog soon! 

Trivia Crack
Crack is a fitting name for this super addictive app, oh my goodness. I resisted getting it for so long because I just knew that I would not be able to put it down once I got it. There is something about trivia that just ropes me in every time. I'm pretty good at it too, which only feeds the addiction. If you're a bit of a trivia buff like myself, it is certainly the app for you. 

Scrunchies 
I just love me a good scrunchie! They're the only hair accessory that I use and they just make everything so much cuter. Need to spread some love for the 80's throwback leopard print scrunchy. 

I thought this month was light on the favourites but it turns out that I had quite a bit to say! This goes to show that you don't always need to buy heaps of new things to find yourself some monthly favourites. 

What was your favourite thing this month? I would love to hear in the comments! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I really need to get my hands on a Tanya Burr lipgloss!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would certainly recommend them! I'm thinking about trying some new colours xx

      Delete
  2. Frat Boy is one of my favourite blushers! I think I might look into the Trivia Crack app it sounds good!
    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That nail polish is so pretty and feminine, I really like it!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feminine is the perfect word to describe it! You've hit the nail on the head xx

      Delete
  4. Carrie's book sound interesting and I am looking forward to your review! I am quite unsure about books written by YouTubers after reading Tanya Burr and Fleurdeforce's ones but I would love to know your opinion on this book :) xx

    Jacqueline | Sail Away to Neverland ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed away from Fleur and Tanya's books because I didn't think they would have enough substance (love their Youtube channels though). I think Carrie has done what they attempted to do in terms of extending their channels into a book, but she's done it right xx

      Delete
  5. Love that lipgloss!! Happy weekend.
    Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome lipgloss! Happy weekend to you too lovely xx

      Delete
  6. Really love the Tanya Burr lipglosses and I want to read Carries book! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know Carrie had her book out. I feel like such a bad fan now :( But knowing her, I'm sure it won't disappoint. I'm glad scrunchies are back. I used to wear it back in primary school and thought it was cute and then embarrassing haha. I might bring it back x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally rock the scrunchy! I'm sure Carrie wouldn't mind that you didn't know her book was out, though I definitely recommend that you check it out when you get a chance xx

      Delete
  8. great favourites! that lipgloss looks lovely

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a USA beauty giveaway inc lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipgloss is my absolute favourite! Thank you so much Helen, I really love your blog xx

      Delete
  9. What lovely favourites. I really need the Frat Boy blush. I can't believe we are reviving the 80s and bringing back scrunchies. I don't know how I feel about that haha!

    Anoushka Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I feel a bit like a kid from an 80s sit com when I wear them but I like them nevertheless xx

      Delete
  10. Thank you! I'll check out your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a few of the Maybelline Show colours myself! I think they're great, mine lasts for quite a bit on my nails:)

    KLAUDIA CLARA

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig