Saturday 27 December 2014

Tanya Burr Lipgloss Review




The day Tanya Burr released her new lipgloss shades I finally bit the bullet and ordered two. I had been refraining since the whole line was first released but the new shade Sparkling Dew Drops looked so nice that I just had to. I also got the shade Chic from the original release because I had my eye on it for aaaages. Overall I'm super happy with these glosses, to the point that I keep thinking 'why did I wait so long?!' but then again I'm glad I got the newly released shade.

The packaging of these lipglosses is super nice because it is basic. A lot of drugstore brands tend to try and get fancy with their packaging but this is good quality plastic and a simple design. The only odd thing is that the packaging is ever so slightly different between the two, Sparkling Dew Drops is about 3mm shorter than Chic and the lid of Chic is about 1/2cm longer. They also dropped the 'Exclusive Collection by Eye Candy' on the packaging, so I don't know if the Tanya Burr Cosmetics has become a stand alone or they are just streamlining, I would be interested to know. They both smell very strongly of sweets which is pleasant and the smell doesn't linger around too long to be distracting. The formula is thick and not sticky, overall very comfortable on the lips. I have no complaints and it is equal to my favourite lipgloss formulas, Maybelline The Elixir and Nyx Butter Glosses.

Chic is an orange toned nude shade which is very pretty. I'm still not 100% sure that it goes with my skin tone but I will continue working on it. I think this is one of those shades that would look really great on people with blue eyes as it would enhance them slightly. Sparkling Dew Drops is a light pinky coral shade that looks quite subtle on the lips. Both shades are of medium opacity so they can totally be worn on their own or over a lipstick/lip pencil.

I really love these glosses and would love to hear your favourite shade if you have tried them!

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

2 comments

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig