Thursday 18 December 2014

Day 6: "The Parcel Girlfriend' Unboxing (Christmas Gift Idea)







You can actually see the progression of the sun disappearing behind the clouds in these photos, lets say I was doing it artistically.

So you may be thinking I did one of these posts just last week and you're right. The Parcel has released two different boxes aimed at slightly different age brackets and I thought I would just have to try them both and see which is best. These subscription boxes are also a great idea for a Christmas present because if you buy someone a years subscription they will get six boxes full of beauty products, which is great value for money. It will literally be the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm going to give you my first impressions on each of the products below but I will tell you that this is an awesome box and the perfect box for any teenage girl in your life.

Nicole By OPI Nail Polish in Love My Pups
I love this brand of polish and am very happy to add another to the collection. Plus it is a worth almost the price of the entire box. My only issue is that it is practically the same colour as the Essie polish I got in the Marie Claire version of the box last week, which is not their fault just kind of annoying. 

BYS Sugar Baby False Eyelashes
They're really cute and wearable (for a night out of course) and it's very handy that they have included a glue in the packaging. 

Maybelline Colour Whisper Lipstick in Oh La Lilac
I've wanted to try these Colour Whispers for a while now as I've heard they're comparable to my favourite Revlon Lip Butters. This colour is pretty and unlike anything else I own. 

Designer Brands Outrageous Volume Mascara
I'm always a little bit apprehensive about mascara from cheaper brands, I don't know why but I'm worried I will have a reaction. I will certainly give this a go and I hope it's good. 
UPDATE: I'm wearing this as I type and it's super nice. Gives good volume, length and separation. I would totally recommend it. Though I was unable to find a link for it online unfortunately. 

Le Tan Wash Off Tan
This is a cool product but I'm fairly certain it will be way too dark for my snow white complexion. 

Australis Eye Crayon in Beating The Blues
I'm not particularly ecstatic that this came in a blue shade just because I don't ever wear blue on my eyes. That being said,  I love these types of products and if this one is a good formula I will be interested in picking up some more wearable shades. 

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash
This was a extra addition and it seems like the perfect thing to take while travelling. 

As you can see I had mixed feelings on some of the product shades but I'm still so happy with what I got. It is mostly full sized items, more so than the Marie Claire box, though this housed cheaper brands than the other. The best part about buying this subscription as a gift is that you can do it right now and not have to worry about going to the shops/waiting for it to arrive in the post! 

I've realised that I'm gushing about this idea so much it would seem that I have been paid to write this post. I swear I haven't (I will always put a * next to things I've been sent), I just really like these boxes. 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig