Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Beauty Favourites


2014 was a big year for my blog, namely it basically began this year (bar, like, two days) and from then on my makeup collection only grew and grew. From a trip to America to some blogger-induced finds, it has been a good one. It was hard narrowing it down but I think I've done a pretty good job at summing everything up. 

First lets start with my top two bases of the year, the Boujois CC Cream and the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Nude Foundation. The Bourjois offering was a favourite in the first part of the year beacuse of it's lightweight texture and the ease of application. For the latter part of the year I mostly focused on the Rimmel foundation because of the fact that it is a good colour match and leaves my skin the perfect mix between matte and dewy. On top of that I often bronze using the Body Shop Honey Bronzer because it is a great colour on my and then top off the skin with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion, this one is just damn gorgeous. 

I have multiple favourite eye products. My L'Oreal Super Liner grew on me and has become my all time favourite liquid liner. If I wasn't in the mood to get fancy with my eyeshadow, I would simply use the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. When I did want to be fancy my go-to were the Urban Decay Naked Palettes (1,2 and 3) that I picked up at Sephora. If I HAD to pick one of them I would go with the original Naked Palette because the colours are the most neutral and my favourites of the bunch. Though, really, I'm happy to own them all. The love of my eyebrow's life is the Pixi Brow Duo and even when I branch out to try new things I think I will keep this in my drawer just in case. 

As far as lip products go I tend to mix it up all the time but I did manage to round it down to three for the sake of this post. I've been really into nude glosses, as I've made abundantly clear in many posts, and my favourite both in colour and formula is the Maybelline The Elixir in Petal Plush. On the other end of the colour spectrum is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in OlĂ© Flamino, a long wearing matte colour. A bright pink/red shade that will really catch the eye. Just in the middle of the two is the Chanel Rouge Allure in Surprenante (I still have absolutely no idea how to say the name of that thing). I'm in love with the packaging every time I look at it and the shade is a really nice pink. 

On to skincare I am on my second bottle of the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil and use the Ren Clarifying Clay Cleanser every day. My scent of the year has definitely been the Gap Bright Perfume and I'm almost done with this bottle, which excites me greatly. 

Instead of linking where to buy the products I have linked any posts that featured them. I hope everyone had an awesome 2014 and is planning to have an even better 2015. I certainly am! I'll see you all next year. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig