Saturday 20 December 2014

Day 8: Top 5 Christmas Movies


With Christmas well and truly closing in on us, it is time to whip out a Christmas film and kick back before the crazyness begins. Lets face it, I enjoy most Christmas movies but I've made a list of my top 5 (well actually top 8 but let's let that go).

Elf
It seems as though this is everyone's favourite Christmas movie and it is totally warranted. Will Ferrel is so hilarious as Buddy the Elf and if you haven't seen it you will not be able to join in on all the quoting of this film that happens around the festive season.

White Christmas
A classic that my Mum and I used to always watch on the VCR when I was a kid, we've since moved up to the high tech DVD but the movie has not lost its magic. You must watch it if only to understand where the classic Christmas song (see my Festive Playlist post for more) came from, Bing Crosby is the star of the movie you know.

The Holiday
I love a good rom-com and this holiday themed one is one of my favourites. It is about women who seek a sea change for Christmas and swap houses, one going to England from LA and the other visa versa. Of course, they fall in love with Jack Black and Jude Law, making the whole thing very complicated. You could really watch this year round but it's especially good to put you in a romantic festive mood.

Christmas With The Kranks
Now onto the Tim Allen portion of today's post, we start with his less known Christmas movie. I just love this movie because it begins as a Scrouge/Grinch-esque story but then does a complete 180 and becomes about a community coming together. There's antics on the roof and an issue with a ham so of course hilarity ensues.

The Santa Clause 1, 2 and 3
These are three movies that grace my TV screen each Christmas season. I love the way the story progresses throughout the films and though the whole Santa clone from the third movie is kind of creepy, the story is overall very heartwarming.

What is your favourite Christmas film? I know everyone has very different taste when it comes to these things.

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig