Monday 29 December 2014

1 Year of Blogging - A Story of Success and Lack There Of


I can't believe it was one year ago today that I put up my first post on this blog. Entitled 'What's This All About?', it was a simple introduction that clearly showed I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Well, here I am a year later and only a fraction closer to having an idea of what I'm doing. This post, my 137th or so, is titled 'A Story of Success and Lack There Of' because that is really how I sum up my blogging experience this year. In some ways, I feel like this has been a successful venture and in other ways I feel as though I haven't gotten anywhere at all. Luckily the feeling of success outweighs the disappointment or this post would be kinda depressing. 

Firstly lets cover everything that made me feel super successful this year. The main exciting thing for me is that I actually stack with blogging this long. I don't think I've ever kept a hobby going for this long of a time! When I decided to play keyboard it lasted a school year, my musical theatre classes were the same. I decided to write a novel at the age of 9 and considered it done after wring 6 A5 pages in MASSIVE handwriting (I then moved onto the sequel which I didn't want to make quite as long as to not bore my readers). The point is, I don't have a great track record with these kinds of things. I also feel as though I have improved in my organisation, dedication, writing skills and photography throughout the year which is a massive thing for me. 

Now I want to briefly - or not so briefly, we all now I like to waffle on - touch on the lack of success I have had this year. I'm not going to lie, do get disappointed when I see bloggers who have been posting for less time than me and less often than me hitting 1,000 followers, being sent exciting new launches and attending awesome functions. Not that I wish these girls any less success or think that I am in any way better than them. It just makes me think for a moment that I must be doing something wrong, I must be so unappealing if I can only get 50 bloglovin' followers in 365 days. I didn't come into this with delusions of success and by no means expect it, I just get a bit disheartened sometimes. That being said, I will continue on with this blog no matter how many people read it because I consider it a reflection of myself and I don't want to be seen as giving up just because I'm not the most popular girl in school.  

So there it is, a post explaining everything I feel about blogging after sticking with it for a year. It felt good to get it all out and now I can move into next year with an open mind. Heres to another year of continuing to nurture my little place on the internet. 


As Always 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig