Sunday 21 December 2014

Day 9: My Actual Holiday Makeup






Though I did a festive makeup look at the start of this little venture, I thought I should also share the look I'm planning on actually wearing this Christmas. The other day I went out to buy a Christmas outfit with the intention of getting something super cute and floral, so instead I came home with something monochrome. A shock, I know. So instead I thought I would add a vibrant lip to inject some colour into the whole look.

I started with my Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Nude Foundation which I buffed in with my Zoeva Silk Finish Brush. Then I moved onto the eyebrows and filled them in with the Estée Lauder Automatic Pencil for Brows. On top of that I used the brow gel from the Pixi Brow Duo. I added the Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer. Then I began to tackle the shadows, beginning with the shade Sin from the Naked Palette all over the lid. I lightly ran the shade Naked through the crease and under the eye. I used the L'Oreal Super Liner on the outer half of my eyes so that it is not too noticeable but it makes my lashes look much thicker. I added my Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara to the top and bottom lashes and then piled on the Designer Brands Outrageous Volume Mascara on the top lashes. To complete the eyes I put a bit of the shade Virgin from the same Naked Palette on my brow bone and tear duct.

Going back to the face I plonked some Maybelline Fit Me Concealer all over the spots I have at the moment and then bronzed the skin up slightly with the Body Shop Honey Bronzer. Due to the fact that I have very intense lips and shimmery eyes, I decided to skip the blush. It is summer in Australia so it will be warm enough to give me a natural flush and glow on the day. I toped the whole look off with the piec de resistance, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Olé Flamingo.

This is exactly what I'm planning on wearing on the big day, though it is all subject to chance. Especially because I've got the Nars Digital World Coffret waiting for my under the tree so the Bourjois number may be subbed out at some point.

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig