Wednesday 1 July 2015

June Favourites


June was month of trying to save money, illness and exams so I didn't really have any time to generate new favourites. That being said, when I had a rifle around to find some things I actually realised that I have discovered some gems in the past month. 

I unboxed this in my post about The Parcel and I have used it religiously. The day after I got it I took it to school and told each of my friends to 'smell this, it's so delicious'. Shockingly the lemonaid lip balm smells like lemonade. I'm not usually one for citrus scents but this is sweet enough to be scrumptious. My lips have never felt better because I want to use it so often. 

Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Ruby
Many compliments were given to me for this lip colour, both in person and in the comments, when I wore it to my Formal. It is a great classic red that applies nice and evenly over the lips. The lasting power isn't the best but that is okay because it does not claim to be one of those matte stay-on-your-lips-forever types of products. It stays a glossy finish for a while and then eventually dries down to a beautiful stain, making it appropriate for day time functions. There will be a full review up shortly. 

Georgio Armani Eye Tint in 11
My Nan was kind enough to buy this for me as a gift for doing well on my exams (she had so much faith that she bought it for me BEFORE the exams). Like the lipstick above, I plan on doing a full review on this in the near future so I won't go into too much detail. It is a really subtle liquid eyeshadow that I can apply with a swipe of the applicator and a blend with my finger. The shade is a really interesting bronze with some different coloured shimmers. It's perfect for everyday wear. 

The Art Therapy Colouring Book
I have seen these colouring books popping up everywhere over the past few weeks and I thought they were a great idea. I have always loved colouring but never considered it a viable activity for someone my age. When I saw how intricate and beautiful the designs in this book are, I just couldn't help myself and I ordered it straight away. I love sitting down with a cup of tea and wiling away the hours colouring in another gorgeous picture. 

Natural Confectionary Company Fruity Chews
These lollies got me through my exams. Without them I don't think I would have been able to get through it. I was so ill during my exam week that sitting at my desk and focussing was basically impossible. Luckily, my Mum had stocked up on these and I used them as an incentive to keep studying. They're super chewy fruit flavoured blocks of yumminess that you can chew on for ages, which makes them good to use as incentives because you don't have to eat too many of them. My favourite flavour is grape in case you were wondering. 

It was a nice short favourites this month, a refreshing change. I feel my shopaholic genes kicking in so I think July's favourites post may be a little more hefty. 

I would love to hear your favourite things of the month so please share in the comments below. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I really want to try the "adult" colouring books but I wasn't sure how much I would really enjoy them. I'm glad to hear you have, I may just have to pick one up now!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was concerned I may get bored but it's actually super entertaining. I would certainly recommend xx

      Delete
  2. Here here to saving money! That lemonade lipgloss sounds so yummy and I've heard so many good things about the melted line. I want an adult coloring book so bad! That is one trend I can jump on board with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those lip products are both great. It's a trend I never would have predicted but I'm certainly on the adult colouring book train xx

      Delete
  3. Love your favourites. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love all of your June Favourites, I'm dying to get my hands on a Too Faced Melted Lip Colour (I really want Chihuaua)!!

    I've just had a nosy around your blog and I'm dying to know - what camera do you use to take your photos, and how do you edit them? Such a visually appealing blog! <3 x

    Chontelle Louise
    www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, this totally made my day! Be careful with the Melted Lipsticks, they're addictive, I've been drooling over new shades for weeks.

      I have a Canon 60D camera which I can't do anything fancy with, I just turn off the flash, point and shoot. It's a pretty expensive camera (though not half as expensive as some) but the pictures always come out looking really good and they're super high quality meaning that they're never blurry no matter how big you want to make them. I have a Mac so I just upload them to iPhoto and then fiddle with the exposure, highlights and shadows slightly until I get it to look okay. If it's super grey and cloudy I will up the yellow contrast slightly. Basically I just slide the thingys around until I think it looks right. I try to edit them as little as possible though.

      It's not particularly professional, I'm by no means a photographer but it seems to work for me. I just aim to keep the pictures super simple, the K.I.S.S method is something I live by!

      Hope this helps at all and I love your blog too xx

      Delete
  5. No problem lovely <3 Oh I know, it's going to be bad once I start... o.O!
    Aw awesome, no that's perfect to me because I'm not too great with cameras apart from the good ol' point & shoot haha! I use a Canon PowerShot SX130 IS and it's... alright, but as you've probably noticed on my blog, the photos aren't terrible but they're no more than average at best. And I'll definitely be using those editing tips, so simple! I hate over-edited pictures but I also like to enhance them a little just to make sure they look their best :)

    Thanks for all the tips lovely, and I'm glad you like my blog too :) x

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig