Friday 10 July 2015

Beauty Interview with A Thing Of Beauty


This month we're interviewing A Thing Of Beauty. The gorgeous gal behind the blog is called Kelly and she's very talented. A Thing Of Beauty has a great mix of beauty, fashion and lifestyle posts. My personal favourites are her increadibly detailed and honest product reviews, they always make me want to try whatever she loves! I'm so happy Kelly agreed to answer my questions so let's get into it. 

1. What is the first piece of makeup you remember owning?
I remember when I was younger, there was a drugstore going out of business in my town and my mom took me to check out the 75% off sale and bought me some of my first makeup there! I got a CoverGirl eyeshadow palette and a CoverGirl Lash Exact Mascara, which were my very first cosmetics to own!

2. What is the number one beauty product on your wishlist at the moment?
Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask. I'm going through a bit of a skincare phase at the moment and I've seen her use this in her Youtube videos and the models' skin always look amazing when she takes it off! I find that my skin responds really well to clay masks so I've been trying more and more of them out, trying to find my favourite, and this Charlotte Tilbury one is definitely at the top of my list to try (although it is quite expensive!)

3. How many different foundations do you own and which is your favourite?
Surprisingly I only own 3 foundations. And I actually don't have a favorite! I find that my skin is good enough where I only need a little concealer and powder so I really don't tend to invest in foundations. What I do is stop by the makeup counters at Macy's often and stock up on samples instead-currently I'm working my way through a sample bottle of a Lancome foundation. And to be honest, I can't tell the difference between it and the CoverGirl foundation I own!

4. What is the type of beauty product you hoard the most?
...Blushes. I have one, maybe two that I really like and then the rest are all the same shade, basically. I had no idea I owned so many pink/peach blushes with gold shimmer until I reorganized that drawer the other day! I'm definitely going to be making the effort to buy highlighters + bronzers instead of blushes, I have enough blush to last me five lifetimes!

5. How many steps do you have in your morning skincare routine? How about your evening skincare routine?
My morning routine consists of slapping on some moisturizer and a little bit of eye cream (so fancy here at A Thing of Beauty). As for my night routine...I get so tired that most nights I even forget to brush my teeth so skincare is really out of the question! But, on the nights that I do have the energy, I love to relax with a clay face mask for 20 minutes, cleanse with a rice foaming cleanser, and then apply a sleeping pack right before I go to bed.

1. MAC or Nars? Neither, I don't buy from either brand. 
2. Rimmel or Revlon? Revlon, can't resist those lip butters! 
3. Mascara or Concealer? Concealer any day, I really don't like mascara and would skip it if my lashes wouldn't look so bare! 
4. Skincare or Haircare? Skincare, my haircare routine consists only of shampoo! 
5. Purifying mask or hydrating mask? Definitely purifying. I like to scrub all the day's dirt away! 
6. High end or Drugstore? Drugstore, I want to get my money's worth. 
7. Blog or Vlog? Blog, I'm too scared for a vlog!
8. Hair up or hair down? Down, I'm far too lazy to put it up all the time. 
9. Red or Pink Lipstick? Red (I'm wearing a bright red lip butter today!)
10. Highlight or Contour? Highlight, I'm so fair that contouring looks unnatural on me.

Please please please give Kelly lots of love (ha, geddit?) for helping me out and participating in this interview! Make sure to go follow her BLOG and her TWITTER as well as her other social medias. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I hoard blushes too! So at least you aren't the only one!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all do! They're just so pretty xx

      Delete
  2. That Charlotte Tilbury Clay Mask has been on my wishlist for so long, money is the only thing keeping me away from my dream haha :) great interview can't wait to see who you interview next.
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I want it too! If only it weren't so pricey xx

      Delete
  3. This was such a fun read! I absolutely love trying new beauty products -- can't wait to keep following along with you!

    http://www.blushinginbows.com

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig