Wednesday 22 July 2015

Makeup Collection: Blushes



It's that time again! This week we're tackling all things pink, peach and pretty in the blush section of my makeup collection.

Revlon Cream Blush in Charmed Enchantment
This is a good blush that I don't use very much. Having not had very much experience with cream blushers, I don't really have anything to compare it to. The only real reason that I don't use this blush often is that I'm lazy, cream blushers take a bit more work than just dusting a bit of powder over your cheeks. This blush is very easy to blend out and it gives a natural flush to the cheeks. It's also not too pigmented so it's hard to stuff up.

Milani Baked Powder Blush in Dolce Pink
When I want something with a bit more of a sheen (aka not matte) I reach for this blush straight away. It has everything I love in a blush; natural colour, not too pigmented and easy to blend into the cheeks. Though these blushes are not available to buy in Australia, if you can get your hands on them I highly recommend. 

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed
Check out my full review of this HERE. I'm not going to harp on, it's my favourite blush ever. That's all.

Revlon Highlighting Palette in Bronze Glow
I haven't really given this the chance it deserves so I wouldn't want to go too deep with a review until I use it a bit more. That being said, the couple of times I have worn this it is really nice. The glitter in it is slightly chunkier than any other blush I own but the colour is a nice deep pinky mauve that is perfect for the winter months. 

TheBalm Frat Boy Blush
Another of my most used blushes, I love to use this one when I want to look really fresh and awake. It is slightly brighter than the Tarte or Milani offerings so it adds a bit more pizazz to my cheeks. In terms of texture it is perfect, I never really took any notice of the formulation because it just works every time without fail.   

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion
Ooh now this is a classy blush. The packaging is so swanky and metallic, though lighter than expected. The blush itself has the most beautiful natural glow to it, it really melts into the skin and makes your cheeks look naturally lit from within. It is more peachy in tone than all of the straight up pinks that I spoke about above and therefore it works with different makeup looks. Because I'm so pale I find it doesn't work with everything but with a slick of the Stila Eyeliner in Midnight and a smattering of the Mac Lipstick in Patisserie it is spot on. 

Josie Maran Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil in Timeless Coral
We're getting to the more iffy end of the product list as I really do not like this blush. When Josie Maran launched into Mecca Cosmetica a while back I was super excited to try something, anything really. Upon placing my order I decided on this multi-faceted product. The second I opened it up I knew I had made a mistake as the smell turned me off straight away. There is just something about the scent of this that makes me not want to put it on my face. When I did give it a go on my cheeks it just didn't blend in, it left an oily mess where my foundation used to be. There wasn't even much colour in the product. On my lips I could smell it very clearly and though it felt quite nice there also wasn't much colour. 

Benefit Benetint
I just don't get on with this and I think it's more my fault than the product. Even though I have tried, I can't find a way to make this work. Usually I apply it and end up with two tiny streaks on each cheek because it stains straight away. When I have managed to blend it out, I end up looking like a clown with hot pink circles on my cheeks. If 'clown' is your go to look this may be for you. 

Blushes down. Only about fourteen categories to go! I hope you guys are enjoying this in depth look into my makeup collection because I'm really enjoying writing it all up for you. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This is so good! It has definitely made me want to try some of them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Milani baked blushes, I'm definitely going to have to pick up that color! Awesome post! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! I wish they were more easily available over here because I'd have way more xx

      Delete
  3. I want the Hourglass blushes so bad! Frat Boy is one of my favourite blushes too, I really like Down Boy from the Balm as well!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hourglass ones are amazing, I want all of the colours! I've never heard of Down Boy but I'm going to have to check it out xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig