Friday 24 July 2015

A Dip in the Pond's


A few weeks back I had the horrible realisation that I was running low on my Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil and made a mental note to pick up some more next time I was at the shops. You see, for those of you who do not keep up with my skincare regime (aka all of you), this is my all time favourite product for my face. It was during this limbo period that I stumbled across THIS post on Bubbasdoll that sang the praises of Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser. Because I was feeling particularly daring that day, I went out and bought a tub. 

The fact that it comes in a tub doesn't really enthuse me but I've become used to having to scoop the product out every time I use it. There is no other way this product could be packaged because the cream is a very thick consistency and it would not work as a pump pack or anything of the sort. For the $6 price tag, the way it is packaged is satisfying. It's a sturdy plastic with a secure lid and the size is very decent. 

Now we've covered all of the boring stuff, let's get on to the product itself shall we? This works very well to get rid of all my makeup. I simply take a small amount of the product and massage it all over my face, into my eyelashes and everything. Where my old cleansing oil used to remove all the makeup after just being splashed by water, the cold cream needs a little help in the form of a face washer (or muslin cloth) to remove the stubborn eye makeup. It will remove everything when you dry your face with a towel but the towel will end up with giant black/brown smudges all over it - trust me. 

My favourite thing about this product is how nice it makes my skin feel after I use it. Because it is such a thick consistency, it feels lovely and moisturising. When it is washed off it leaved a slight film on the face but it is nothing that doesn't disappear when towel dried and it is especially removed when I use a second cleaner afterwards. This is the makeup removing step in my skincare routine so I can't really tell whether it has any true skincare benefits because I use so many products afterwards. What I can tell you is that it didn't make my skin freak out, always a bonus, and it removes my makeup perfectly. For the crazy cheap price tag, I don't think you can go wrong! 

Have you ever tried anything from Ponds? Does this product sound good to you? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have never used anything from Ponds which is quite surprising as I remember both my grandmother and my mother using their products all through my childhood! I definitely want to try this product as it sounds gentle on the skin. Great post XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super gentle, I should have mentioned that in the post! Some older people I know swear by it too but I always wanted to try the cool 'in' things, turns out those people were right and it's a great brand xx

      Delete
  2. wow great review, thanks for trying it out!
    Sucks about your towel though I usually use a damp cotton pad to remove it, saves on the washing
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A damp cotton pad is a great idea, I never think to use them for products like this. Thanks for recommending it xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig