Sunday 19 July 2015

Spend The Day With Me: Beach Holiday


Last weekend I was lucky enough to take a trip down The Great Ocean Road for a nice relaxing weekend with my Mum and Uncle. Though the weather was pretty iffy the entire weekend, I still managed to get some pictures of the gorgeous views while the sun was out. We stayed in Fairhaven (or, as I called it as a child, Beach-haven) in a little house that overlooked the ocean. From the Great Ocean Road you can see a house on a pole and it's fairly well known by the Victorian people, that house was our next door neighbour for the weekend. 

Mum got all up in a Kookaburra's grill to take this beautiful photo. I was way to scared to even leave the house. 
Friday was purely for relaxation. Other than driving down there, we didn't really do much and just enjoyed hanging out. For some reason we decided to put ourselves through watching The Fault In Our Stars, boy was there a lot of tears! That movie gets me like no other. 
Looking back on the beautiful Lorne township from the beach.


Mum and Uncle Peter looking super excited about the hot chips we got for lunch.
On Saturday we ventured along the Great Ocean Road a little further to Lorne, where we had brunch and browsed the shops. 

The road-side stops along the Great Ocean Road offer some breathtaking views.


In the afternoon we returned to the house, made a roast to have for dinner and read. It was very peaceful and I enjoyed just sitting in the big comfy chair, wearing one of my new BiorĂ© face masks and looking at the ocean views. 



I kept my makeup pretty simple on Saturday and just wore what is pictured above. I would go into detail but I'm putting up a post about my everyday makeup in the next couple of days and most of this is featured in that so keep your eye out! 

After a leisurely Sunday morning, we drove all the way home in a torrential downpour. There were times when we could not see the car in front of us through the rain, it was really scary. Poor Melbourne is suffering through a tough winter (for us, we're kinda weak) at the moment. Nevertheless, I had a great weekend and can't wait to do something similar in the future. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Omg thats one amazing picture of a kookaburra =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? Mum did good with that one xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!! I love reading this kind of posts!
    -Maria
    IN 1997

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So do I, they're actually my favourite kind xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a really lovely time :) Gorgeous pictures! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig