Friday 17 July 2015

A Fancy Eye Tint



Ooh isn't it lovely? So fancy, so sparkly, SO EXPENSIVE. These Giorgio Armani Eye Tints in shade 11 caught my eye when they were released a little while back but I managed to resist picking one up. When my lovely Nan offered to buy me something special for doing well on my exams (and we happened to be standing in front of the Giorgio Armani counter at the time), I wanted to give one of these a go. I don't own any liquid eyeshadows so it really intrigued me. 

This is by no means a bad product but it is not quite what I expected. I thought it would be incredibly pigmented and blendable. While the blendable part is there, the pigmentation could be considered quite lacklustre. When first swiped onto the eye it is very opaque but once you blend it out it becomes very sheer. The shimmer is still quite noticeable, it is the colour that goes away. Though it is sheer, it still manages to cover up any veins on my eyelids and make everything look very nice. I prefer to wear this on it's own as a super natural makeup look, just blended all over the lid, but it also works as a pretty base for a brown smokey eye. The reason I really like this, other than the fact that sometimes I don't want a super intense eye look, it it's staying power. This stuff stays put for as long as you leave it there. 

In terms of colour this is a very natural eyeshadow anyway, meaning that it can get away with being as sheer as it is. The woman who helped us at the counter suggested that this would be the best colour for my complexion and I tend to agree. It's a light bronze with burgundy shimmer, the precise colour of the shimmer isn't actually that noticeable until you get right up in it's grill and I was very surprised to find that it is burgundy. This just adds a little bit of warmth and dimension into the colour of the eyeshadow, which results in a very unique colour. The fact that it is a light bronze makes it perfect for everyday with any lip shade. 

The way you apply this eyeshadow is much like how you would apply a lipgloss. It is a wet formula that goes onto the eyelid with a doe-foot applicator. I find this quite fun to use because it is unlike anything I have ever owned. The packaging itself is very sleek and it is weighted so it feels that bit more fancy. 

Overall, I see this being a vegemite kind of product. Some people will love it, some people will hate it. Since it is quite a lot of money to spend on a liquid eyeshadow, I highly suggest you give this a test in store before purchasing it. 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. That looks gorgeous, I love that iridescent feel it gives with that shimmer however for that amount of money I would expect more of a pigmented product :/
    Great review
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I expected more too xx

      Delete
  2. You should post some photos on your eyes! It looks pretty nice I wanna see what it looks like on skin :D

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I don't usually post pictures of the products on my face, I actually tried to take a photo of this on my eyes. However, I decided not to include the pictures because the eyeshadow didn't really show up at all in the pictures and I thought the pictures made the product look worse than it actually is (because you can see it in real life just not in the pictures). Thanks for reading and I hope you understand xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig