Friday 22 May 2015

Want to Stay Up All Night?


First off, I would like to apologise for being so absent lately. Life has just been insanely busy and my poor blog suffers. That being said, I'm back for another Friday Review! This week we are taking a look at the much revered Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. Since Urban Decay finally launched in Australia a couple of months back, I reviewed their lip liner but it took me a bit longer to formulate my thoughts on the setting spray. 

Setting spray is an odd product to begin with. The whole idea of spraying a liquid over my face once I spent so long perfecting my makeup seemed ridiculous at first but I heard such good things that I had to give it a go. It says to spray it 2-4 times in a 'X' and 'T' formation on the face, or you can be like me, throw caution to the wind and spray willy nilly. It leaves my face feeling refreshed at the beginning and then once it dries you can't feel it at all, which is exactly what I would want. 

I'm very impressed by this because it does what it says on the tin. It actually makes my makeup stay on longer, something I didn't think was possible. Primers are a bit iffy on me but this seems to work. I wouldn't say it made it stay ALL NIGHT but I doubt anything could make my makeup stay on that long. The unexpected benefit of this product is that it makes my makeup look better. It has the ability to even things out and add a bit of dewiness, which is certainly an added bonus. 

Quickly touching on the packaging, it is pretty spot on. The spray is the perfect mist, rather than the aggressive droplets that some sprays have. My only issue with the cute packaging is that it attracts stains. It is that odd rubberised packaging that soaks up any makeup that is on your hands. A minor flaw in an overall impressive product so I don't really mind. 

There's my thoughts on the first ever setting spray I have tried! Have you tried UD's All Nighter? What did you think? 

If you're from the UK you can pick it up HERE and if you're from the US you can pick it up HERE.


Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. I have never tried a setting spray, but this one looks interesting!

    http://oliviaredfern.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would like to try a cheaper one to see how they compare xx

      Delete
  2. I am yet to try this one! I have it on a wishlist though!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on my wish list for ages! I would certainly recommend it xx

      Delete
  3. I so need to try this! Great post xx

    www.emma-marie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it is totally worth the price xx

      Delete
  4. I use the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray and I love it!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard the De-Slick is good also, though it is for people with oily skin isn't? Thanks for your comment, I will make sure to check out your blog xx

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review!! I didn't know there's such thing like that!! Xoxo
    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of those products that I've not heard much about but sounds really cool. Thanks for sharing what you've found out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading it! It seems to be a cult product but I don't actually hear much about it, it's a bit odd really xx

      Delete
  7. This is something I have always wanted to try but have never been sure if it would work or not! Thanks for the review!! Loving your blog by the way! :D x

    brit-bakes.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it xx

      Delete
  8. I've never tried this , thanks for this review Shannon, and have an amazing weekend. xx
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you had great weekend also xx

      Delete
  9. very nice!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I've not heard of their make up spray before! I use their eyeshadow primer which is amazing! It makes such a huge difference so I have no doubt that this is just as good! I hate having dirty make up packaging though but as long as it works!! :)

    Emma xx // alittlefreckle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyeshadow primer is awesome as well! Though I have only tried testers before. The makeup spray is good enough to put up with that stubborn foundation fingerprint that I cannot remove haha xx

      Delete
  11. I really want to try this one too, need money haha :D followed you on bloglovin ;) xo

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I followed you back! The money is always the issue, hence I only got the small size of this ;) xx

      Delete
  12. This is the only setting spray I've tried and I love it :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I'm glad you love it as much as I do xx

      Delete
  13. Really great, honest review Shannon! Apparently Urban Decay are cruelty-free as well which means i'd definitely love to try this - I like what you said about it making your make up look better....I could definitely do with that :P

    Aprylshowers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Cruelty free brands are the best brands and we could all do with a little bit of help in the flawlessness department I think haha xx

      Delete
  14. I need to put this on my wish list haha! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's so interesting and different that you can justify the purchase. It's not like buying ANOTHER lipstick, it's something new! xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig