Wednesday 27 May 2015

Empties #3



It's been a few months since my last empties post and the products have been building up so I've decided to throw them into a post! I'm always nervous about there being too many products but I think this is the sweet spot. Not too little that I would have to do empties posts all the time but not too much that it's overwhelming. Anyway, let's see what's in my trash! 

Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter
The body butters always rule and I've spoken about them so often that I don't even see it necessary to go on. The Brazil Nut scent was a new one for me and I loved wearing it in the winter because it had a beautiful warm smell to it. 

Marc Jacobs Lola Perfume
I have had this perfume for so long it seemed to be permanently attached to my nightstand! Though I am sad to see it go, there is nothing more satisfying than completing a perfume. I talk about this in more depth in THIS post so I won't try start describing it other than saying that it is floral, as the bottle would suggest. This perfume was beautiful while it lasted but I think I'm going to branch out to other things for a while. 

Ren Clearcalm Clarifying Clay Cleanser
This was a bit of a 'meh' product to me. It was a nice enough cleanser, it got the job done, but it wasn't anything special. The clay formula was a bit difficult to work into the skin and the scent was rather odd. I've moved on to other things and I'm not missing it. 

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel
I spoke about this in both my morning and evening skincare routines because it is such a staple in my life. I have never really tried any other moisturisers so I don't have much to compare too but I truly enjoy it. It is simple, moisturising and good on my sensitive skin. 

Clinique Rise-Off Foaming Cleanser 
When I first started with all of my Clinique products, the lady suggested I purchase this to use as a makeup remover. It is quite competent at removing the makeup but it feels quite unusual to do so. The formula is so thick that it doesn't feel as though the makeup is being removed. This is another product that worked fine but I would prefer to use other things. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Nude Foundation
One of my favourite foundations has come to an end! Oh no! I'm not actually that distraught about it, I'm already well into my next bottle. This foundation is so cheap and it provides a satin-matte finish with a medium coverage and long wear. 

Origins Clear Improvement Mask
Another product that I have a whole post dedicated to (HERE), so I won't harp on too long. This is the best mask I have ever used and while I'm trying out a cheaper option right now, I know I will come back to it one day. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo (For Brunette Hair) 
Bastiste is my staple dry shampoo brand and I'm a bit frightened to try anything else. The brunette formula doesn't leave any white residue in my hair and it does a miraculous job at sucking up any oil in my roots. This is another product I have already replaced!

Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil 
I couldn't include this in the picture because the packaging was so gross and oily when I pulled it out of the bag that it was untouchable. Other than the fact that it can get slightly messy if laid on it's side, this is an awesome makeup remover. I must be on my second or third bottle by now but I did THIS post about it way back when I first bought it and my feelings remain the same. I am already near the end of my next one.  

Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara
If you've been reading this blog for any length of time you will know that I blabber on about this mascara far too much. It is my favourite ever and I actually keep a back up of it now, it's quite sad really. I talked about it most in depth in my Mascara Round Up post if you would like to check it out. 

There is another round of empties! I'm sure I will have another collection in another couple of months to share. 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I i was wanting to try the clay cleanser! Bit disappointing by the sounds of it!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't let me put you off too much, all skincare is subjective so it may work great for you. It was perfectly adequate for me so I don't regret the purchase xx

      Delete
  2. I love any body shop products but their body butter is my absolute favourite, I haven't tried the brazil nut one yet though, sounds really good! x

    www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Body shop is the bomb! Brazil nut is an unusual choice but I think it's a hidden gem in the body butter world xx

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about Batiste Dry Shampoo, I'm also scared to try any others!
    I love the Body Shop's chamomile eye makeup remover, so I might need to give the cleansing oil a try too - it sounds lovely!
    xo

    Check out my blog if you like :)
    Love, Krista | www.lovekrista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we might need to form a support group to ween us off the Bastiste! It just works so well! The cleansing oil if definitely a must try, it changed my whole skincare regime.

      I follow you on bloglovin' and I really enjoy your posts xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It smells gorgeous doesn't it? And that bottle, oh my! xx

      Delete
  5. It really is so satifying finishing off perfume :)
    I'd love to give that origins mask a go!!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask is pretty amazing, I'm trying something else at the moment and I'm missing my origins one terribly. I'm actually near finishing another perfume so I can count this year as a success! xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the review!! They all sound great.
    Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely, I love empties posts, we share the love for the clique and the origins mask, love them.xx
    Glamoury Armory Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're awesome brands aren't they? Clinique and Origins are two of my favourites! Love your blog by the way xx

      Delete
  8. I don't know how but I haven't tried and Body shop products yet! I should really give them a go! X

    Cara Delevinge inspired look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! There's such a good variety and it's not overly expensive, which is always a good thing xx

      Delete
  9. I love the Body Shop! I will have to try some of these products out :)

    Sincerely,
    Morgan
    http://byronbirkinburch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend them all! The Body Shop is such a great place for all things skincare xx

      Delete
  10. These are really great products I am loving the body shop creams and the Bastist dry shampoo it works wonders in between washes

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choices! Between The Body Shop and Batiste, I have made a lot of repurchases over the years xx

      Delete
  11. The Orgins Clear Improvement mask sounds good I will look at your review :)

    Thank you for following me on Bloglovin, I love your blog so much that I have featured you in my Monthly Shoutout!
    http://bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/monthly-shoutout-5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! The mask really is amazing, definitely something to keep on the radar xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig