Friday 1 May 2015

The One With The Tint-In-Oil



Like my catchy title? Obviously my creative juices aren't flowing as freely as usual today. Sorry. That's not the point anyway because we're here to talk about the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Tint-In-Oil in the shade 8 Pink About Me

Let's first address the elephant in the room, this is very expensive. I don't think it is at all necessary to spend $49 on a lip product but as a special treat it sure is nice. With these products you are usually paying purely for the brand name. This is true for this product to a degree but it is also an innovative formulation of lip product. I'm sure we will eventually see drugstore dupes but for the time being it is very unique. With that out of the way, I'm moving on to the important stuff. 

This is the most moisturising and unobtrusive lip product I have ever worn. There is absolutely no stickiness or thick feeling on the lips, as you often get with a lipgloss or a lip balm. I have never used an oil on my lips so it is a totally new experience for me. The oil goes onto the lips with only the slightest of tints and a very glossy look. Then over the first couple of minutes after application it develops and the tint comes out more and more. It ends up being quite a bright pink shade, though it still looks very natural and (ugh I hate this phrase but I can't think of anything better) 'bitten'. Over time the oil sinks in but it leaves the beautiful tint behind. 

As per usual with YSL, the packaging is beyond gorgeous. It is unusual because the tube is silver, whereas most of their products are in gold packaging. I like the silver, it's different. The colour around the centre reflects the colour of the tint, which makes it a lot easier if you end up with multiple shades. The applicator is really good because it has different sides for the top and bottom lip. It's not that you need to be precise with this product at all because it's so subtle, but the applicator makes it easy to be precise anyway. The concave side fits perfectly to the bottom lip and the concave side is perfect for the top lip. It also holds the perfect amount of product, not too much but not too little. Plus, the applicator is randomly bright purple. I don't understand it but I kinda like it. 

Ugh these are so expensive but I love this so much. Life problems. Please tell me if you have tried the rouge volupté tint-in-oils, what did you think of it? And if you haven't tried it, would you like to? 

If you're from the UK you can pick it up HERE or if you're from the US you can pick it up HERE.


Lot of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig