Sunday 14 June 2015

Formalities







My school formal was held on Friday night and it was a blast. After having to spend a bunch of time buying a dress, shoes and jewellery, getting my hair done and doing my makeup, I finally got there. It was held in a beautiful ballroom that was decorated with blue fabric and balloons. The pictures don't really show how amazing it was, so you're going to have to trust me. By my calculations, there was about 300 teenagers having a sit down dinner and things went surprisingly smoothly. 

Except the poor kid who had three drinks spilt all over him by a waitress, but that was an anomaly. 

There is so much to talk about I don't even know where to start! It was one of the best nights of my life. I think I'm just going to share my five most memorable moments so I don't become too overwhelmed and blabber on. 

1. The food was incredible, much better than expected. We had a choice between chicken and mushroom tortellini or spinach and feta cannelloni for entree, lamb and chicken for main and chocolate mousse and lemon tart for dessert. I wasn't actually particularly hungry, so, for fear of puking whilst ripping up the dance floor, I gave half of my entree to my friend. She proceeded to finish not only her own but the left overs from mine and two other friend's. It was an impressive feat. 

2. When not sitting patiently waiting for them to serve food to all of the tables, we were all on the large dance floor in the middle of the room. It was such a fun experience to dance with all of the kids that I usually sit in maths class with. We all just jumped around like idiots and sang, super loudly. It was like being at a club but you didn't have to worry about being bashed or abused because you knew everyone. 

3. Whilst eating our main course, my friend announced incredibly loudly 'I LOVE CARROTS'. We all looked at her as though she was insane because there was no carrots in sight. As I looked at her I realised she was talking about the orange vegetable she was putting into her mouth, knowing that she doesn't like pumpkin, I began to laugh. All of our friends realised the same thing and proceeded to make fun of her relentlessly. She then couldn't eat her 'carrot' anymore because she doesn't like pumpkin, which was fine with me because I got to eat it. 

4. Everyone was being very nice and complimenting each other on their outfits, so I got a few myself. I would say I had been told three or four times that I looked really nice (apart from when my best friends and I all sat down at our table and pronounced that we all looked amazeballs), which was very flattering. Nearing the end of the night, the most popular girl in our year level and her friend came up and asked me to take a picture with them. As I walked across the ballroom to the photographer behind this girl, I was complimented FOUR TIMES. Mostly by people I don't even know, once by a boy I had not talked to since primary school. It is amazing how just being associated with the popular girl makes people compliment you. Teenagers are weird. 

5. By the end of the night, my shoes had hurt my feet so bad that I could barely walk straight. I looked super drunk as I stumbled down the street to the car, though I obviously wasn't. Getting into the car, I got the car door stuck on the very high gutters on the side of the road and was unable to shut it. That meant that I had to get out of the car (still stumbling on my near-bleeding feet) so that the car was slightly higher and the door could be shut. It was at this point that a boy I know came along the street and attempted to help me, hitting me with the car door and sending me ass first back into the car. Boy did I look drunk at that point. The boy then proceeded to laugh at me as I tried to situate myself back into the passenger seat, I was not amused. 

Thank you for putting up with my silly stories that you probably don't care about at all. It is just a nice post for myself to look back on more than anything but I hope you got something out of it too. 

Lots of Love,

Shannon 

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Great post, you looked amazing x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress! Lovely post :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a very special dress to me xx

      Delete
  3. You looked stunning, your dress is amazing!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely, I love your dress you are looking gorgeous and congrats!
    Glamoury Armory Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with how it all turned out! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  5. Great post! You looked fantastic :) I love your dress x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks (and sounds) like you had a really lovely time.
    That dress is stunning! I love the neckline shape!!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neckline was the selling point for me! I definitely had a great time, thanks for reading it xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig