Friday 3 July 2015

It's Melting!



I've mentioned this Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Ruby multiple times over the past few posts so I thought that it deserved a dedicated ramble.

When I first decided that I wanted to wear a classic red colour on my lips for my formal, I thought 'that'll be easy' because I naturally presumed I owned something that would work. When I went through my giant lip product collection, I realised that this was not in fact true. I have a few darker reds, an orange and a really sheer red but nothing 'ruby'. Of course, this glaring hole in my collection had to be filled and I did so by purchasing a long-lusted-after Too Faced Melting Lipstick. The shade is perfect, it's just slightly darker than a fire truck red with a more raspberry undertone. This is the best colour for my skin tone because anything too orange makes me look ill (and my teeth look hella yellow).

I think these are named perfectly because they really do have the formulation of a normal lipstick, just 'melted'. They're not the typical liquid lipsticks that are hitting the market left and right nowadays. They don't dry down fully matte and the staying power isn't as extreme. Though this could be a downside, this means that it is far more comfortable to wear and reapplying isn't such a bad thing. It feels like a lipgloss when it is going on but it is in no way sticky and it's got the sheen of a lipstick rather than a full on gloss or, god forbid, glitter. I find that I can get a good few hours wear out of this and it only really disappears when I eat or drink.

The packaging of this product is super cute and dinky. The fact that the casing is the same colour as the product makes it handy for those who own multiple shades (a person that I am sure I will be shortly). Though the squeezy tube is a little bit 90s clear glitter lipgloss, it is actually very functional and means that you can get every little bit out of it. Finally, I must talk about the applicator. It is a little cushion that you push the product up through, this cushion should be white when you first get the product and if it is not, take it back because it has already been used by someone else. The cushion makes it very comfortable to apply and means that you can't really overdo the product. It is not really the best for precision around the edges and I found that even with a lip pencil I had to use a lip brush to get the edges right. This is a bit of a hassle but really not something to put me off using it. 

If you would like to see this Melted Lipstick actually on my face, check out my The Formal Face post  which shows an entire makeup look built around this lipstick. Have you tried the Melted Lipsticks? What shade do you think I should try next?

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh wow this looks lovely! I need to try it out!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I would definitely recommend and it's not too expensive either xx

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous! Great post x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just checked out your blog xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig