Sunday 26 July 2015

Simple Snack Recipe





On a recent scout around the internet for healthy snack ideas, I stumbled across the post yummy, simple and healthy recipe ever. Yes, big claims I know, but I'm totally right. Energy balls are a big thing right now and these would fall in that category, though they are far more simple than some of the recipes I've seen out there. They're a nutrient rich small snack that tastes like chocolate and makes you feel good about eating a sweet treat. 

There's not even a real need to include a recipe but I'm going to do it anyway!

Ingredients
- 1 cup of Pitted Dates
- 1 cup of Cashew Nuts (can be substituted for almonds if that's what you're into)
- 2tbsp of Cacao Powder
- 2tbsp of Water
- Desiccated Coconut to Coat 

Method
1. Measure out all of your ingredients and throw them in a food processor. There is no need to chop the nuts or the dates. 

2. Blend it all up until it forms a chunky paste. 

3. Roll into teaspoon sized balls and then roll them in a bowl of desiccated coconut. 

That's all you have to do! These can easily be made in less than ten minutes and they last for over a week if you keep them in an air tight container. 

Please tell me in the comments below (or on twitter if that's more your thing) if you try out this recipe. I would love to hear what you think! 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks amazing :D I like the fact it tastes like chocolate and its still super healthy
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my mouth water HAHA thanks for sharing I am in love with your style. Can we follow each other’s blog to support each other?:) please let me know if you are interested so I can follow your blog back:)

    xoxo
    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig