Wednesday 8 July 2015

Makeup Collection: Mascaras



Welcome to the second of many instalments in my makeup collection series! Mascara is the kind of product that you really only need one of so, of course, I own nine. Why do I own nine? Great question. They just seem to keep rocking up. Four of them came in subscription boxes, three are very old and two I actually purchased and am currently using. Let's run them down, shall we?

Max Factor Masterpiece Glamour Extensions
Starting off with my current favourite mascara, we have this masterpiece (ha, get it?) that everyone has been raving about. As of right right now, I am hypothesising that I will use this mascara for many moons to come because it is so great. It does the almost impossible task of making my eyelashes look long and curled. The lengthening effects are quite amazing and it also adds a fair whack of volume, just not to the point of being spidery. This is the mascara that I recommend to anyone who asks.  

Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express
Moving on to a more somber note, this one just doesn't work for me. It is a grey colour, not the stark black that is promised on the packaging and it leaves my lashes looking stumpy and clumpy. How poetic. It seems like a bit of a waste to have schlepped this all the way from the USA.

Designer Brands Outrageous Volume
I didn't have particularly high expectations for this mascara when I received it in a subscription box but I was pleasantly surprised. It is a very dry mascara, different from any other I own, yet it does a solid job at giving both volume and separation. It has a tendency to be a bit flaky if not paired with another mascara underneath but for the price tag it is a decent product.

L'Oreal False Lash Wings
Since I ran out of my last tube of the Clump Crusher, this has replaced it as my go to everyday mascara. It leaves things looking very natural and fluttery, adding both length and separation without too much volume. I love layering this under more volumising mascaras and wearing it on it's own for when I'm not feeling too fancy. The wand is wider at the end so that it coats all of the outer lashes really well, making the eye look wider. L'Oreal mascaras are not the cheapest but the ones I have tried certainly provide good results.

Revlon Grow Luscious
One of my weird habits is that I keep pretty much empty products just so that I can remember I like them. Since I'm always wanting to try new things, I find that I forget about great products once I'm done using them. This is one of those things. It dried out months ago and I have since replaced it with other things but I loved it so much that I can't bring myself to get rid of it for fear I will never get it again. Ridiculous, I know. It was just so good at adding extra volume on top of my Clump Crusher. The Max Factor offering is fulfilling this job now so I think it is time to say goodbye to my Grow Luscious.

Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof
I used to think that I had a bad reaction to this mascara but I have since realised that it was actually my own mistake that gave me the crusty eyes after use. I was not using a strong enough makeup remover and the product did not get off my lashes properly, leaving my eyes feeling right gross the next day. Since I have upped my makeup remover game, I can certainly see the benefit of using a waterproof mascara. This particular one does a good job at volumising but I still do not see the manic love some other people have for it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Covergirl Clump Crusher
It's my favourite mascara of all time so obviously I'm going to keep a tube of the clump crusher in my collection at all times. Especially when I found it on sale for half price. As you can see, I have a lot of other mascaras on the go at the moment so I'm saving myself until I really need it's magical mystical eyelash separating abilities.

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes So Couture
This was previously in it's packaging as well but it did not fit properly in the drawer so I had to take it out. Despite that, I am determined not to open it until I actually want to use it. Of my two unused L'Oreal mascaras, this is the one I am most excited about. I have heard good things around the internet about it's volumising and separating abilities so I can't wait to try it.

L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Manga
I have heard very mixed things about this mascara and that is why I want to try it so badly. At the moment I just can't justify breaking it out of the packet, despite how much I want to have a look at the wand with my own eyes. I'm sure I will fill you in when I finally give it a go.

I'm starting to think all of these makeup collection posts are going to be massively long. I don't know how I deluded myself into thinking they wouldn't be. I hope you're good with that because I'm going to keep going, it's awesome to look at everything in this perspective. It really makes me evaluate what I do and don't need.

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've heard so many great things about Covergirl Clump Crusher! Would love to try it! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really amazing! Perfect if you're into more natural lashes and, if you can get it on sale (I always wait until it's 1/2 price) it's super affordable xx

      Delete
  2. I think it's a good idea to evaluate our products. Beauty bloggers accumulate so many! X

    ♥ Carly's Beauty World - A Hair, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I never would have thought I would have this many mascaras for only two eyes xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig