Sunday 5 July 2015

Monthly Roundup: June


June was a massive month for me so I'll just get started or we'll be here for a while. 

The Toughest Week Ever
Phew, June started off tough. Not only was my Mum away, more on that in the next paragraph, but I also had my mid-year exams. And on top of all of that I got horrendously sick, of course. In a way I was lucky because I do two year 12 subjects which don't have a mid-year exam, meaning that I only had four to study for and try to stay conscious through. I started the week with basic cold symptoms, nothing some panadol and a nasal spray couldn't keep under control, and my English exam. That was all fairly straight forward and I managed to keep good spirits. By Thursday, the illness had increased dramatically and not only had I lost my voice but I felt pretty nauseous. I managed somehow to get through my Psychology exam, though I honestly cannot remember doing any of it (I got good marks so I guess it was okay). That night my Nan insisted that I go to the doctor and get something heavy duty to put a stop to it. This started to kick in and I lived through the next two exams (and the GAT) without throwing up and making a fool of myself. I also didn't fail anything so I call that a success. 

Is Everyone Going Without Me?
There seems to be a mass exodus of my family from the country. Everyone has awesome overseas holidays planned and I'm just sitting here listening to them talk about it. The same week of my exams, both my Mum and big brother Mitch were going overseas. Mum went on a much needed cruise with her best friend around French Polynesia and, though I'm very happy for them, it's natural to be a bit jealous. On the eighth day of their nine day holiday, my brother also went away. His holiday is far more substantial as him and his girlfriend are traveling around South America for six months, coming back just in time for my eighteenth birthday (what a good brother he is). I'm stalking his girlfriends Instagram obsessively for pictures of them horse riding through Columbian mountains and having drinks on the beach as the sun sets. Safe to say I'm VERY jealous of that one. 

Movie Mania
I saw a good few movies this month and I was really pleased with all of them. I started doing some movie reviews on this blog over the summer and I want to pick that up again if people would be interested in seeing my thoughts. Since I haven't reviewed any of these, I thought I would just do three little snapshot reviews of three movies I saw in June:

Mad Max: Fury Road
All of the movie reviewers I watch on Youtube said that this was basically the best thing since sliced bread so it's fair to say I was pretty excited when my friend and I went to see it. It was by no means a bad film but I couldn't help but be a bit disappointed when it didn't meet my high expectations. The entire movie was non-stop action and I just found it slightly overwhelming. Also, and this may just be me, but the accents were really inconsistent. Most of the ancillary characters had Australian accents, which makes sense since I'm fairly certain it's meant to be set in Australia (or the first ones were anyway). Then Charlize Theron, who was such a badass that I s'pose it doesn't really matter, had an American accent even though the women who raised her were Aussie. Very odd. 

Jurassic World
Pretty much everyone in the world (bar my Uncle) had seen this movie by now so I guess this is slightly pointless. Though it probably doesn't make any sense if you get too nit picky with it, I saw this as a great popcorn movie that you just tune out and appreciate. The idea of an actual functioning Jurassic World is so awesome it almost overshadows Chris Pratt's rugged good looks - almost. When the movie finished, people actually started applauding in my theatre, which I have never seen happen in a movie before.

Inside Out 
It's a kids movie that is so smart and inventive that anyone would enjoy it. I thought it would be a bit complicated, following a little girl AND the emotions inside her head on their own journeys but they did a great job at keeping it simple. Sadness is by far my favourite, she's just so dumpy and sweet. I'm definitely going to be quoting this for years to come. When I so to San Francisco you can be assured that I will find a reason to break out the classic 'Congratulations San Francisco, you ruined pizza!'

Top 5 Songs of The Month
1. You Don't Own Me - Grace (feat. G-Easy)
2. Give Me Something - Jarryd James
3. I Wanna Get Better - Bleachers (a rediscovery)
4. Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd 
5. Fight Song - Rachel Platten 

Top 5 Things That Happened This Month
1. Formal. I know, I know: 'Stop talking about it Shannon'. So I will just leave the link to a dedicated post HERE.
2. I spent an entire day watching the first season of Grace and Frankie. Jeez those old ladies are funny.
3. I babysat my little sister Sammy for an entire day and we had an absolutely great time. She was an angel.
4. My Calisthenics club had a PJ party where we all got in our onesies and watched Despicable Me 2 with the little kids. I was obviously the most excited person there, squealing with joy when the coach (dressed up in a minion onesie, naturally) handed out the PopTops. 
5. There is a handbag I want to buy and I have been stalking it online all month. If only that Grace Gordon London bag was free, I would have bought it weeks ago. 

SPECIAL 6TH THING: Lots of Love, Shannon hit 500 followers on Bloglovin' this month! It was a long journey to get to this point but I would like to thank everyone who has read and followed my blog over the years. I'm not particularly bothered by not having a super high number of followers but I really do appreciate each and every one who reads. Thank you so much!

I just felt a bit rambly today but I hope you don't mind. July is already shaping up to be a great month so look forward to the next roundup post! 


Lots of Love,

Shannon
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. It seems you have had a pretty eventful month :) Congrats on hitting 500 on Bloglovin

    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I guess I did! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig