Tuesday 9 December 2014

Mascara Round Up





I've tried my fair share of mascaras over the past few months and I thought it was time to do a round up and share my opinions on each. My newest mascara purchase was not included on this list because I feel I haven't given it enough use yet to form a lasting opinion. I could blabber on all day about each product, so instead I've put whether I recommend each one and then three things about it. Enjoy!

Covergirl Clump Crusher

Recommend? Absolutely
This clump crushing formula is perfect for the girls who like a natural flutter to their eye lashes. It leaves the lashes looking separated and natural while still adding colour and a hint of volume. I personally think this is the perfect mascara for work or school (especially if you're not meant to be wearing any makeup) when you're looking for a bit of something without over doing it. The curved brush it great because it makes it easy to reach even the smallest of lashes. 

Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof 
Recommend? Nope
It would be unfair to rag on this mascara too much as my opinion of it was clouded by the fact that my eyes had an adverse reaction to the formula, this was the first time it has ever happened to me. My eyes were left red, puffy and (TMI) crusty, so obviously this was not a favourite mascara of mine. The wand was very flexible which made the product harder to apply with precision and the formula was a bit too clumpy for my liking. It was very waterproof though, which is always a good sign for a waterproof mascara. 

Benefit They're Real
Recommend? Hell yeah!
I never believed all of the hype around this mascara until I got a sample to try for myself, now I'm going to have to agree with it. This mascara does an amazing job at adding both length and volume, giving that false lash effect. That being said, because I personally hate having heaps of my lashes stuck together, I use my Clump Crusher underneath to help combat that issue. 

Maybelline The Rocket 
Recommend? Not personally
This mascara just didn't blow me away, everything from the formula to the colour was just a bit 'meh'. It isn't jet black, which is how I like my mascaras to be unless I buy it to be specifically another colour. This is more of a charcoal which wouldn't bother me if the formula was astounding but it's not. It didn't add any volume or length and didn't leave a natural look either. 

Revlon Grow Luscious
Recommend? Yes I do
People don't talk about this mascara very often and I don't see why! It adds a decent amount of volume and the large traditional brush deposits the product all over the lashes. I would say that this mascara is one step up from the über natural Clump Crusher and two steps below the über intense They're Real, so it's a great option for every day. The formula is also really long lasting and it hasn't dried out as quickly as all of my other past mascaras. 

Obviously, this is all personal preference and I know some of the mascaras I don't like are other people's holy grails. I would love to hear what your favourite mascara is down in the comments! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig