Thursday 11 December 2014

'The Parcel' Unboxing





After having a subscription to Bellabox for two months, I decided to move on to bigger and better things. Well actually I initially decided to kiss subscription boxes goodbye because they weren't good value for money but then The Parcel by Marie Claire caught my eye. Needless to say, it was love at first sight! This quarterly box costs $20 and it is only it's sophomore box. After seeing glowing reviews of the contents of the Spring box, I had very high expectations for the Summer one. Luckily it outdid my thoughts and blew me away. I wrote my opinions on each product right after opening the box so it is a true unboxing. 

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream
I've seen this massively hyped on Youtube and blogs but I've never felt that compelled to buy it. I hear it can fix a plethora of issues so I'm wondering if it is better than my holy grail Lucas' Pawpaw ointment. We'll have to wait and see! 

Philosophy Purity Cleanser for Face and Eyes 
A brand I've always wondered about, Philosophy is known to be good. I always love a good cleanser and this size is perfect to take away on short trips. 

Essie Nail Polish in Ballet Slippers and Essie Top Coat 
These alone are worth more than the entire box! These were the first things that caught my eye when I opened the box and I was already more excited than any Bellabox made me. Ballet Slippers is a beautiful colour that I will be wearing very soon. 

Jergens Ultra Healing Body Moisturiser 
OMG SUCH A BIG 'SAMPLE'! This seems to be a nice light moisturiser with not much of a smell. 

Revlon Age Defying CC Cream 
This came in the shade medium which is too dark for me but the formula seems really lovely. It is so light that it feels like a moisturiser when swatched. I think this one will be given to a family member though because I wouldn't want to waste a full sized CC cream. 

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye
I've had this weird patch under my right eye that has been red, sore and flaky for the past few weeks. I have been meaning to pick up a heavy duty eye cream but since this beauty has fallen into my lap I won't need to for a little while. Such a big sample for a product that is worth $95 a pop. 
UPDATE: I used the cream last night on my weird patch and it is already astronomically better! I'm so pleased with this and this pot will last me ages. 

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo and Conditioner + Fine to Full Blow Out Spray 
Since I've cut my hair it looks a lot better with a bit of volume, so these products will be perfect to try. They have a really nice fresh smell as well, which is already a bonus. 

Overall, I'm super impressed with the quality of the brands and the size of the products. At least three of these are full size, making it worth well over the $20 price tag. I will definitely be staying on board this train for the next box. In fact, the same company is doing another beauty box aimed at teenage girls (a category which I fall into) and I've signed up for that one as well so expect another unboxing post soon. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig