Friday 12 December 2014

Day 1: Festive Makeup Look







Welcome to Day 1 of my 12 Days of Blogmas! Today I'm going to share with you my personal take on the traditional festive makeup, is that okay? Good because it's happening. Red lips and a shimmery eye signifies Christmas to makeup lovers all over the world, though I'm sure this look would be just as nice at other times of the year.

First I started off with my Rimmel Lasting Finnish 25 Hour Nude Foundation and then I moved on to my eyebrows where I used the Estée Lauder Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil to fill them in lightly.  On my eyes I began with a mix of Foxy and Venus from the Naked Basics Palette as a base on the lid and then lightly buffed the shade Naked 2 into the crease. I followed that up by using the Browbone shade from Wet 'n' Wild's Walking On Eggshells Trio with a flat brush and pushing the colour all over the centre of my eyelid to add shimmer. Then I used the shade Faint (from the Naked Basics) on an eyeliner brush on the outer half of my top lash line and I ran the same colour underneath the eye. I topped off the eyes with lashings of the Benefit They're Real Mascara.

Then I went back to the face and touched everything up with my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, then powdered with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, the usual really. I kept things super light on the cheeks but I did add a small dusting of Body Shop Honey Bronzer and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion just to bring some life into the skin. I followed the theme of shimmer down onto my cheeks with a subtle highlighter in the form of Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl. Finally I took my time and carefully (well in theory it's carefully, as you can see I did't do the best job) applied the L'Oreal Colour Riche Moisture Matte Lipstick in Flaming Kiss

This look would be great for a party or Christmas day, though it could totally be worn during the day too if you're feeling daring. 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Very pretty makeup look! Red lips are such a classic for Christmas time! x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love a good excuse for a red lip xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig