Thursday 17 April 2014

The 123 Perfect CC Cream


Guys, I think I’ve found a winner. I have tried a few BB Creams and Tinted Moisturisers in my time (admittedly no high end ones but many drug store ones) and I think I have found the best. The first hurdle I had to jump in finding this fantastic base was that it is a CC Cream the last thing I need is another type of base to confuse me. I know that CC stands for Colour Correct but I still don’t see the big difference between the three. Are they not all supposed to be light bases that do good for the skin? 

No matter what Bourjois decided to name this product, I can’t get enough of it. The 123 Perfect CC Cream is my new everyday staple. What I like to do is squeeze a bit out onto the back of my hand and then apply it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to ensure that I get a nice even coverage and that I won't get my fingers dirty. If you're into using your fingers, it blends in nicely that way as well. It is light, so I know it is not perfect for everyone, but as a girl who is still in high school I try to avoid full coverage bases so that I don’t look overdone (plus I do not have the time or energy to fuss around with those things in the mornings). 

It claims to have three pigments for colour correction: apricot for anti-fatigue, green for anti-redness and white for anti-dark spots. For the light coverage it has I think the pigments do a great job at covering up any discolouration or redness. My skin around my nose can get really red and I find that the CC Cream alone can cover most of it, though I do need to add concealer to spots and pimples. The staying power is pretty good but not fantastic. It does wear throughout the day and if I am doing anything after school I tend to reapply. One thing I can do is reapply the new layer right over the old because it is so light that it doesn’t look caked on with another layer on top (I obviously can’t do this if I have powdered during the day, things can get swampy then). 

Pros: Easy to work with, light coverage that covers redness, sets nicely without the need for a powder. 

Cons: Watch out when the tube is fresh because the runny consistency means it comes out without much force and you end up with far more than you need. Waisting a good product is never okay. 

Lots of Love, 


Shannon xo

Not to sound needy but please please please follow me on Twitter! (Click HERE)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig