Wednesday 9 April 2014

My Travel Makeup Bag


As you are reading this I am somewhere in America living out of a suitcase (I'm writing this early because I'm organised like that). Though I have limited the amount of clothes I've brought, I still needed to bring plenty of options on the makeup front. I'm going to list the items from my makeup bag and give you a brief reasoning for why I have brought them. Is that okay with you? I hope so because it's happening, and it's probably going to be long.  


Starting with the face products I have: 

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer: As I have metioned before, I don't really think this does much other than making my foundation go on smoothly, it doesn't have any great effect on my pores and it doesn't make my makeup stay on very much longer. That being said I've become quite committed to using it under my heavier coverage foundation, so I figured I would bring it along. 

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation: I need a proper foundation for when I feel like going a bit fancier with my makeup. I will most likely wear this out for dinner, to one of the Broadway shows or if my skin goes a little cray and needs something more. 

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream: This is my go to base for day to day and that will stay the same no matter what country I'm in. 

Bourjois Happy Light Concealer: We all have something to hide. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: I don't always need this with the CC Cream but I will need it for the Match Perfection and since it's going to be quite warm in Florida I may need to touch up throughout the day. 

Clinique True Bonze Pressed Powder Bronzer: It's tiny and works really well with my skin tone to warm up my complexion when my foundation gets wishy-washy.


Moving onto the eyes I have: 

Revlon Eyelash Curlers: A must have for a girl with short straight eyelashes like mine. 

Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara + Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara: I won't leave the house without some mascara to give my invisible eyelashes some life. 

Maybelline Color Tatoo in Bad to the Bronze: If I want something a bit dramatic on my eye, or I want a good base for my eyeshadow to stay all day, I will throw this on with my finger. 

Clinique Eyeshadow Quad: You know I use this all the time, it's the perfect tiny set. 

Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner: I wear liquid liner most days because it really adds an interesting dimension to my face and I'm kind of proud that I can apply it. 

Designer Brands Kohl Liner: I will use this for my waterline when I am feeling daring. 


I always need plenty of lip options: 

Lucas' Papaw Ointment: For when my lips are feeling tired and sad. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting: This is my every day lip product that I (and my Mum, she's already on to her second one) couldn't live without. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple: If I want to give things a red tinge. 

Chanel Rouge Allure in Surprenante: a) It's like my child and I could not leave my child behind b) It's really wearable. 

Nyx Butter Gloss in Eclair: If I'm feeling glossy. 

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Unapologetic: When I want to unapologetically blind people with my crazy bright kissers. 


A girl needs her brushes: 

Revlon Powder Brush: I use this for bronzer/powder. 

Real Techniques Face Brush Set: Powder, contouring, foundation and concealer all in three brushes. 

Real Techniques Eye Brush Set: I wouldn't bring them ALL but since I'm planning on buying the Naked Palette I need some tools so that I can play with it. 


And finally the extras: 

Gap Bright Perfume: This is a great everyday scent that I'm not paranoid about breaking or losing because it's not crazy expencive. Win win. 

Estee Lauder Automatic Pencil for Brows: I need to make them visible. 

Wowee if you stuck with me through that whole post, claps for you because it was a long one! You were warned though. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo 

Follow me on Twitter HERE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig