Sunday 30 March 2014

March Favourites


My purse strings were fairly tight in March with my big holiday coming up, so I didn't get to try very many new products. I was, however, completely besotted with my few purchases and thought I would share them with you. 


You definatly don't need to up the exposure on this picture, the sun does enough! My Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Unapologetic is really that bright. I have a full review of this coming up this week so I won't go into to too much detail, all you really need to know is that it's super bright and I'm in love. 


I felt that I needed a new light weight base for my travels and there was lots of hype around this Bourjois CC Cream so I gave it a go. I really love this for school and any other time when I don't want a FULL face of makeup. There may be a more in depth review of this coming as well, keep your eyes peeled. 


My Mum and I were at the Pharmacy picking up vitamins when this beauty of a nail polish caught my eye. It was hiding in the back on a stand full of your average pinks, reds and really bright yellows but I was lucky enough to spot it. Sally Hansen Triple Shine in Make Waves looks blue from some angles and green from others, it has an almost metalic finish that I can't stop staring at (you can see this polish in action in the last photo). I find myself moving my hand around in the light and just staring at the way the colour changes. It applies really well with a nice wide brush and is so far so good on the chipping front. My only issue with this is that you actually have to pull of the square top to expose a normal round brush top, this was a little confusing on first use. 


I know I included the Body Shop Body Butters in my last favourites, but this one also deserves a mention. I found this Coconut Milk Body Lotion in the depths of my random products draw and realised that it would be perfect for nights when it's too hot to wear a thick body butter on my legs. I find that if I use anything too heavy on hot nights my legs will feel really gross and sweaty within about two seconds, this lightweight body milk don't give me that issue. It doesn't give the same amount of hydration to the legs and arms but it is far better than nothing. Unfortunately, with cooler weather coming in Australia, this one may be shelved until next summer from now on. 


This ring from Lovisa is one of the most interesting rings I own. I love it for it's simplicity and aztec style. I can wear this with anything when I want to make it a bit edgier or I want to dress up a plain outfit with some accessories. I get an odd enjoyment from the way it restricts the way my finger bends, it is as though it is constantly reminding my of it's existence.

Another month down, infinite ones to go. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo 

Follow me on Twitter HERE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig