Wednesday 19 March 2014

Party Makeup: Simple Bronze


I went to a party on Saturday night and I was really excited about doing my makeup for it. I didn't want to go out there with a smokey eye or bright lip because I was wearing a noticeable outfit and wasn't looking to stand out TOO much. A bronze shimmery eye and a really subtle red lipstick seemed like the best bet to me. 




I started off with my Bourjois Happy Light Matite Base Serum though I'm not actually sure if this does anything. It does not appear to keep my foundation on any longer than it would usually stay, but I continue to use it because it makes the foundation easier to apply and I figure it couldn't hurt. I then go over the top with my Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation so that I have a nice even base. This covers up most of my redness while still feeling light on my skin. As silly as it sounds, I hate when a foundation feels as though you are wearing a foundation. I topped it off with my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer where I needed a little something extra. 


I filled in my eyebrows with Estee Lauder Automatic Pencil for Brows (which, to be honest, I stole from my Mum) because my eyebrows are totally invisible without it, damn my blondeness. Then I lightly patted a small bit of my Maybelline Color Tatoo in Bad to the Bronze over my eyelid as a base, I went really light with this because I didn't want anything too metallic looking. Then I went over the top with the lightest colour in my Clinique Quad - Goldrush - and blended the darkest brown - Fudge - through the socket. I threw on my Master Precise Liquid Liner to give my eyes some much needed definition and topped the eyes off with my Covergirl Clump Crusher/ Revlon Grow Luscious mascara combo.


I bronzed up the hollows of my cheeks with this tiny sample of Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer because this is a really nice colour on my crazy pale skin tone. Most bronzers make me look as though I'm playing dress ups as Snookie, but this one gives me a healthy light tan. I went really natural on the cheeks with a light dusting of Estee Lauder Pink Kiss Blush (another one stolen from my Mum) and ran a light dusting of Rimmel Stay Matte Powder over my t-zone. 


Topping everything off with a sheer swipe of my Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple and a spritz of my Miss Dior Perfume I was ready to head out and party the night away. 

I really love this look because it is easy to recreate from most people's makeup stashes. I will definitely try out this combination again. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo 

Follow me on Twitter HERE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig