Saturday 1 March 2014

February Favourites


Can you believe it is already the end of February? I certainly can't. This year is flying by so fast and I'm already feeling as though I haven't accomplished much. Though I hate that feeling, it is motivating me to try and get some more important things done before time slips away. One thing I have accomplished this month is accumulating a few favourite things. Some are re-discoveries from times past and some are brand new products. Let us begin...


One of the first beauty/skincare products I can remember owning is a strawberry Body Shop Body Butter and I loved that thing. A few weeks ago I was going through my drawers and found this stack of four body butters that had barely been used and I decided that I would use them up before purchasing anything new. This idea has been working well except for that I can never remember to moisturise. I have fallen back in love with these fruity beauties. 


I am single handedly bringing back the scrunchie. We all loved these as kids and I don't understand why girls stop wearing them when they reach their teenage years. I picked up this pack of four very chic scrunchies a couple of weeks ago and have been wearing them ever since. Some of my friends think it's stupid but I personally think they really liven up an outfit. 


I purchased the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in mid January, but for the first month I owned it the weather in Melbourne was far too hot for me to wear a full foundation, so I've only tested it out in the past couple of weeks. I like this far more than I liked the much hyped Wake Me Up foundation, it gives my skin a better finish. It covers up everything I want covered up, but it doesn't look really obvious and heavy. This is my go to foundation of the moment. 

I also love my Nyx Butter Gloss in the colour Eclair. I'm not really one for lip glosses because I find them really uncomfortable to wear and my hair is always getting stuck in it, but this one is so buttery and moisturising that I really enjoy wearing it. I only have the one colour which is really natural and subtle, just what I wanted when I purchased it. As you can see, it is already a little battered around the edges, so I'm using it a lot. 


Just the packaging for this lipstick earns it a spot in my February Favourites. I'm sure there are better colours in the Topshop Lipsticks than this one (Saint) because when I apply it fully it is too light for my skintone and makes me look dead. Instead I blend it out and it looks much more flattering on my lips. The formula is great and I really want to try some other colours of Topshop Lipsticks. 


I know told you about this perfume in one of my last posts, but I would like to reiterate just how much I like it. I'm not going to go into the details (If you want to read the original post click HERE), but it is just amazing and really different to anything else I own. Since I've been wearing it every day since I acquired it, it deserves a spot on the list. 


When I was 9 and I got my ears pierced I was all about the dangly earrings, but now I can't even remember the last time I wore them. I got this pair for my birthday from my friend Dani and I love them so much that I've started wearing long earrings again. They're so modern and simple that I can wear them with anything and not have it look too over the top. 

That sums up my February Favourites, now we move on to a new and even better month! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig