Wednesday 30 April 2014

USA Beauty Haul


In the spirit of full disclosure I will admit to you that this is by no means everything I bought in America. It's not even close. I came home with a rather large Sephora bag full to the brim with both drug store and high end goodies (and the stuff wasn't even in its packaging). If I were to haul all of it in this post, not only would I look like a crazy person but this post would be longer than all of the Game of Thrones books combined. Instead I chose five products semi-randomly and thought I would explain the reasoning behind these purchases. 


I know we have these in Australia (at least I'm fairly sure we do) but makeup was so much cheaper in the US that it was worth buying it over there. This Rimmel London Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in the colour Bulletproof Beige was an off the cuff choice in a whirlwind first trip to CVS. Thought it would be a really easy base colour to draw all over my lid as a base and you know what? I was right. 


I figured I couldn't go into Sephora so many times and not try their own brand. I've been wanting a brown liner just to mix things up a bit and I decided to go with the Sephora Contour Eye Pencil in Cappuccino. I swatched this in the shop and thought it was perfect but when I got back to the hotel and tried it I realised that it is shimmery. This did not bother me too much because it's actually really pretty but I did go back and pick up the matte brown I was after in the colour Tirramisu.


The Maybelline Colour Elixir in Petal Plush was another random purchase in my first CVS trip and try as I might I can't remember why I bought it. I'm glad I did though because it became my most worn lip product of the trip, replacing the heaps that I brought from home. I loved it so much that I just had to get another colour before heading home. This one is Fuchsia Flourish.


I may or may not have bought all of the Naked Palettes (hint: I bought them). In my own defence, I was calm about it waited in between purchases to make sure they were worth the cost. I first dragged my Mum and Nan into a Sephora in LA where they were sold out of all but the Naked Basics. I wasn't planning on buying it but I'm glad I did because it is incredibly useful. I figured that it was small and cheaper and it would be a good indication of whether I would want the other palettes. It was over a full week until I picked up the Naked 1 (HERE) in Times Square, restraining myself from getting the Naked 2 as well. Finally, I gave in and bought the other two because I knew that I would regret not buying them once I got home. I think they will be really pretty and a part of many looks to come. 

Finally there is my (not pictured, sorry about that) Mac Water and Ice Mineralised Eyeshadow (HERE). I stopped for a tiny look in the Mac store at JFK airport on the way home and this was the first thing I touched. It is a shiny silvery blue colour that is way out of my comfort zone but it captivated me in a way no beauty product has before. I threw all caution to the wind and now I have it at home I can see how truly useable it is, I don't think this is the last you will be seeing of this one. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo

Come on over and follow me on Twitter HERE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig