Saturday 3 May 2014

April Favourites


I cannot believe that it has already been a month since we left for our trip to America, that is just insane.  It's amazing how fast the months go by. Since starting this blog the end of the month has become so much more exciting for me because I get to round up all of my favourite things and share them with you. 

This is a (very pixilated, sorry about that but I don't know them personally to get a better quality) photo of the band Downtown Drive. My friend Rachel and I have very similar taste in music so when she told me about this band I knew that I would like their stuff. They're not very big yet, so not all of their music is on iTunes. I cannot describe music or why I like it to save my life, so I'll just link to their Youtube channel HERE so you can take a look for yourself. 


Tina Fey in general has been a favourite of mine this month. After picking up this book in New York and finding it absolutely hilarious, the next logical step was to begin watching 30 Rock. Bossypants (HERE) is fantastic because it's such an easy read, it is basically a compilation of all the funny stories from Tina's life. It also very subtly talks about women's role in society and other meatier topics. 30 Rock (HERE) is just plain funny, I blew threw the first season in less than a week. Every character brings a new dimension into the show with their own form of stupidity. 



Essie Nail Polish in Cute as a Button (HERE) was one I picked up in the US because I love the pinky coral colour. It is quite girly and fun but can still look really sophisticated when worn with a more structured outfit. Of course, it is as good quality as all Essie polishes so it was always going to be a winner. 



You may remember a while back I bought the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (HERE) in the colour Sand. Once I gave that one a go and realised it was WAY to dark for my skin, I became obsessed with finding the right colour for me. I looked everywhere for the shade Fair but I could never find it. Every shop either didn't stock it or it was out of stock. I finally found it in New York and we've been inseperable ever since. I love the formulation because it doesn't clump up and look awful around my nose and I can also put it under my eyes.



I talked about this Maybelline The Elixir in Petal Plush in my US Beauty Haul (Check that out HERE), so I won't blabber on too much. I will just reiterate that it is a beautifully pigmented, delicious smelling, hydrating, perfect nude coloured lipgloss. 



These may seem a little odd but I love that I rediscovered them in the past month. I was in a sweet shop with my friends and I spied a 1kg bag of Jelly Frogs like they used to sell in my primary school canteen. The fact that they were $8 marked down to $4 meant I had to buy them. I will probably eat them far faster than I should, but they're just so yummy. 




And finally, the Naked 3 Palette. (HERE) I'm not going to go on and on about it because it's simply beautiful. Just take a look at the colours and you will understand why it made its way onto this post. 

Now onto another month of shimmery eyeshadow and boy bands. Could I be more of a teenage girl? 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo

Check me out on Twitter HERE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig