Tuesday 13 May 2014

Primping With The Stars Review



I thought this little set would be a good little introduction to the brand that is Benefit. I've given some of the products more of a test than others, but I feel as though I've got a good gage of what I like and what I don't. This is going to be quick-fire, just a few sentences per product, so get ready! (BUY IT HERE)

Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow and Concealer Primer: This is teeny tiny and works really well. It is ever so slightly tinted, so it makes a nice even base for eyeshadows. They stick make eyeshadows stick around nicely, but I don't see the point of using it for concealer when I can just use my normal face primer. Especially since it's so small. 

Some Kind of Gorgeous Foundation: This came in the colour medium, which is totally reasonable, and it is WAY too dark for me. I gave this a quick test on my hand and it seems a little oily but I can't really give you my opinion on this one, sorry. 

Benetint Cheek Tint: This is a really cool product because it is really different from your traditional blush. I think the colour is a really nice natural one (when on the skin, not so much in the bottle) and it isn't too pigmented so it's not as easy to stuff up. I swipe it onto my face with the cute little brush and then blend it out with my fingers over my cheeks. The only problem is that it is a stain so if you don't blend fast enough you can end up with a stripe on your face, been there done that. 

The PoreFessional: I really love this because it does exactly what it says it will. It blurs pores and gives a really great velvety finish on the skin. It feels so incredibly cool when it is on my skin. And the staying power is quality. 

Girl Meets Pearl Face Illuminator: This has a really nice sheen to it that is not too glittery so it can be used as a highlighter or can be mixed into foundation. I prefer this as a highlighter on the tops of my cheek bones and am pretty impressed with how it works. 

They're Real Mascara: I quite like this mascara, but it hasn't quite toppled my favourite combination. I like a good combination of separation, length and volume and this does a good job at all of them. I think there are mascaras that are just as good and a lot cheaper, so I won't be rushing out to purchase this one. I'm not complaining though and I will definitely use this up especially since it's so cute and tiny! 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

Twitter? HERE
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What a great set! I love Benetint and the They're Real mascara. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really loved trying everything out but I have to say the Benetint is my favourite too xo

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig