Thursday 15 May 2014

A Trio of Concealers




I don't know what's happening with my lighting in these pictures...everything's so blue! These concealers are actually in really light shades, they've just come out really dark. I included them still to show you the consistency. 
Recently, I have been on a mission to find the perfect concealer. I am starting with the drug store but I know that buying a more expensive one is inevitable (hello Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, I'm looking at you!). For the moment I have found one that is for filling my needs, so I thought it would be a good time to talk about the pros and cons of the three most recent concealers. 

L'Oreal True Match Concealer in the shade Fair/Light was purchased on a whim during one of my CVS raids and unfortunately it disappointed me straight away. Therefore I shall start with the cons. 

Cons: It is not as blendable as the packaging would suggest (it says it is 'super blendable) and if you apply too much it can turn into little balls as you are trying to blend. I find that it settles into pores and becomes quite 'scaly', for lack of a better word, throughout the day. I like to apply concealer pretty much over the entirety of my rouldoph nose and it seperates really quickly, drawing even more attention to the monstrocity on the middle of my face. 

Pros: I love the packaging, it is so easy to apply and you don't have to think about it. What I do use this for is drawing nice straight lines to fix up any eyeshadow fall out. If things are starting to get a little messy, I draw a straight line from underneath my eye much like a eyeliner wing would go, and it clears everything up with little need for blending. Thankfully I have found a use for this because I hate things going to waste! 

Bourjois Happy Light Concealer in 21 Ivory (HERE) is the first of these concealers I bought and I stuck with it for a little while before broadening my horizons. 

Pros: The packaging is really fun to play with and it has a mirror in the top, which is always handy. It has a really thick texture so it is pretty full coverage, not the best I've ever seen, but it's good. Basically, I didn't hate it. 

Cons: Much like the L'Oriel one, this just doesn't sit well on my skin. It separates quite quickly and gets that scaly look. I find that if I don't spend a really long time blending it in it can be very obvious on the skin. This is a big no no because I want people to think I'm naturally flawless. Though I find the packaging quite dinky, the fact that you need to use a brush with it is a bit too much of a hastle for me on a daily basis. I still do use this if I have a big ol' pimple because of the coverage. 

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair (HERE) is my new favourite and I'm already rather scared of running out, this shade was not easy to track down. 

Pros: It melts into the skin so that you don't know it's there and at no point throughout the day does it get all scaly and gross. It works really well for both under the eyes and on blemishes and can be mixed with a highlighter/highlighting under eye concealer to get a more luminous look. It's not completely matte, which adds to the natural look it gives. 

Cons: If you're not into concealers that you apply with a wand because of the bacteria and stuff, this may not be the one for you (though you could always just put in onto the back of your hand and use something else, I've done that). It doesn't stick around forever, I find that it wares off throughout the day. I don't mind this because it wears off in a natural way. It slowly disappears without leaving the tell tale signs of worn off makeup, the weird patches and oxidised colour. 

If I were going to recommend and of these to you, I think it is obvious which one I would say. I have found a use for all of these concealers, you just have to be a little creative. What is your favourite concealer? I'm always on the lookout for something that can do an even better job. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

Check me out on Twitter HERE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig