Thursday 29 May 2014

Did Oxygen Wow?




Please, no need to applaud for the witty title. I know I'm hilarious. Before I launch into my full review of Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Sunscreen Makeup (what a mouthful!), I need to explain how I came to own this foundation. We were in Sephora on our last day in New York and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with all of the options. I eventually decided that I should buy a foundation as I am lacking a really good quality foundation in my stash. The girl in the store offered to use her fancy-schmancy foundation matching machine to find my perfect one. It was at this point that I totally forgot what I was actually shopping for and blindly agreed to her answers for the questions. I was looking for something with medium coverage that could be built up or sheered out, preferably with no (or little) SPF because it would be for going out. Instead I ended up with SUNSCREEN makeup...

I'm not blaming the girl for this, I never actually articulated what I was looking to purchase. I became so overwhelmed with the whole process that any clarity I may have had was totally lost. It was only when we left the store that I realised this was nothing like the Nars Sheer Glow I was eyeing. Goddamnit. 

Now onto the actual review of the product, sorry for the rambling anecdote. I don't really enjoy this foundation, especially at night. It is uncomfortable on my skin for about the first half an hour after application, eventually it does sink in and feel okay to the touch but I think half an hour is a bit too long to have to wait. The packaging had sunscreen-like instructions that said it was to be reapplied every two hours and that made me nervous. After wearing it for a few hours I used a makeup wipe to remove my foundation and looked at the staying power, it wasn't great. This is a really light foundation that doesn't give much coverage, but that can be expected from the name I suppose. 

Overall this foundation does not do what I bought it for. It is not going to be any good for special occasions. I think this one will be relegated to camping trips and beach days, if that. Sorry Oxygen, but you didn't wow. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I wasn't a fan of it either! It was sticky and my oily skin was not a fan. Also thought it smelled weird lol.

    X's- Cassie
    http://www.glossnglitter1.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig