Saturday 24 May 2014

My Winter Essentials


I know what you're thinking. 'But Shannon, it's coming into summer!' Well not here it isn't. Down in the summer hemisphere it is winter, or almost winter anyway. In saying that it is still 20 degrees everyday but I'm sure it will get cold soon. I really love winter (when it's not raining) because I find clothes to be so much easier to wear and you can snuggle up in a onesie. I'm going to tell you some of the things I always look forward to pulling off the shelf when winter rolls around. 


DARKER LIP COLOURS: I'm not always terribly adventurous when it comes to lipsticks but this winter I'm going to make a concerted effort to use some more out there colours. A girl can't stay in her nude lipgloss safe zone forever. I really love this Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the colour Lovesick and the really dark purple Revlon Colorstay Matte Balm in Shameless. The pink one is a dark pink but it is still very wearable, this will work as baby steps into the outageously dark purple. I'm not sure where I will wear the purple but it will be worn this winter at least one, I promise (does wearing a product once justify buying it? Probably not.). 


BODY BUTTERS: I have such dry legs that they need a body butter all year round. During summer this just can't happen because my legs get all hot and sweaty, then the body butter gets all sticky and everything feels a little gross. During winter, on the other hand, body butters are my bestie. I chuck a heap of it on at night and then put on my pyjama pants and never think about it again. At the moment I'm using The Body Shop Body Butter in Brazil Nut. It hasn't quite taken over from the coconut scent as my favourite, but it's still pretty good. 


BEANIES: Last winter I began to wear beanies. This was a big thing for me because before that I was strictly a no hat girl. This year I can't wait to break 'em out. They keep you warm, they hide your greasy roots, they make you look slightly bald if you don't wear them in the right way. What more could you want? These particular ones are from Sportsgirl from last year so they're no longer available. 


AWESOME JACKETS: I love jackets. Whether they're cool slouchy army style ones to make you feel like Lindsay from Freaks and Geeks or tailored trench coats to make you look like Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl, jackets are the best. This coat is a newish purchase the Topshop Hooded Check Lined Jacket and I love it because it is so casual and comfy. I can throw a jacket on top of any outfit to bring it to a whole new level. 


CHAI TEA: This stuff is so amazingly delicious, I can't even think of anything more to say. 


HUGE MUGS: If I'm going to get off my warm comfy bed to make tea, I'm going to want a lot of it. This Tweety Bird mug from will hold about half a litre of the warm drink of your choice. I, in fact, have three of these mugs on rotation because I love them so much. 

What are your winter essentials? And if you're in the sunnier part of the world, spare a thought for us people down south. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig