Tuesday 20 May 2014

What I Wore: Daytime Formal


I went to a Bar Mitzvah on the weekend (this was a first for me, not being Jewish it is not a common invitation) and I thought I would write a blog version of a get ready with me. For the part during the day I wore this All About Eve Rings Tee Dress. I needed to have my shoulders covered, as that is something the Jewish religion calls for, and that made dresses considerably harder to find. I actually bought a dress online but I ended up returning it because it was not great quality. I ended up finding this one and loving it because it is really different from everything I've ever owned. I teamed this with my go to ASOS Trench Coat (The exact one is no longer available so I found an incredibly similar ASOS Biker Skater Mac)




Foundation: Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer with a little bit of Bourjois Happy Light Concealer on large blemishes. 

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent 

Blush: Milai Baked Blush in Dolce Pink

Highlight: Benefit Girl Meets Pearl

Brows: Pixi Natural Brow Duo in Medium Brown 

Eyeshadow Base: Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige 

Eyeshadow Crease: Nooner from Naked 3 Palette 

Eyeshadow Outer Corner: Buzz from Naked 3 Palette 

Brow Highlight and Inner Corner: Strange from Naked 3 Palette 

Eyeliner: Sephora Contour Eye Pencil in Tiramisu 

Mascara: Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara and Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara 

Lipstick: Milani Lipstick in Fruit Punch 

Perfume: GAP Bright 




I kept the accessories simple with a black clutch from Colette, silver chain necklace from Diva and a pair of black heels from Betts. All of which are old and no longer stocked, sorry. I'm also sorry that I don't have any good photos of my complete outfit, unfortunately I didn't get any good ones because I didn't have my SLR on hand and my iPhone ones were crazy backlit. As the best consolation here's a selfie I took in the car:


...at least you can see how I did my hair? You're welcome. My night time look will be up next Wednesday and I actually have photos of that look I promise. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

If you're into Twitter make sure to follow me HERE so we can chat 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig