Tuesday 27 May 2014

What I Wore: Little Black Dress


If you read THIS post from last Wednesday you will know that I attended a Bar Mitzvah the other week. The party in the evening was smashing (you can tell I'm a real party animal by my use of the word smashing) and easily the fanciest one I've ever been to. Think swanky city hotel ballroom. I went with a simple LBD, the Duchess Satin Bow Back Prom Dress from Topshop. I actually found this dress at The Grove in LA but they didn't have it in my size, fortunately we found it in another Topshop so I could buy it. It's actually a size too small for me so I can't really breathe in it but fashion before pain right? I then wore the same ASOS coat that I wore during the day (I also brought the same clutch, so it is not pictured). 






I went a bit heavier with the makeup for the evening party. I took inspiration from THIS Pixiwoo video and decided to do a subtle silver smoky eye. That was really different for me because I've never worn a look like this before. I'm sorry that some of the products are the same from the morning but it was what I was feeling that day. 

Foundation: Rimmel Match Perfection

Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent 

Bronzer: Revlon Matte Powder Blush in Barely Blush (btw: this sucks but I'm being honest with what I used)

Blush: Benefit Benetint 

Highlight: Benefit Girl Meets Pearl

Eyebrows: Pixi Eyebrow Duo in Medium Brown

Eyeshadow Base: Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige 

All over the lid: Naked 2 Palette shadow Verve 

In the crease: Naked 2 Palette shadow Pistol

Outer Corner: Naked 2 Palette shadow Blackout 

Browbone and Inner Corner: Naked 2 Palette shadow Foxy

Eyeliner: Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner 

Waterline: Designer Brands Kohl Eye Pencil in Black

Mascara: Covergirl Clump Crusher and Revlon Grow Luscious 

Lipstick: Milani Lipstick in Nude Creme 

Lipgloss: Maybelline Color Elixr in Petal Plush (these are now available in Australia and I nearly screamed when I saw... I'm not at all dramatic) 

Perfume: Miss Dior 



I bought this necklace from Diva after admiring it for months and then freaking out when I thought it was gone, it's not available anymore but here's the very similar Black and Gold Tone Plate Fan Necklace. My shoes are from Novo and I got them for Christmas from my Nan (thanks Nan!) but they're not available anymore. 


Here you can see the back of my dress. Its so pretty. 
And we'll end this on my bored selfie face! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig