Monday 9 February 2015

Top 5 Most Memorable Grammys Looks of 2015


The Grammys were today and overall I found them entertaining though mildly boring. Personally, I found three main issues with the show. First that a large percentage of the performances were of slow songs and though that shows off the artists voices, it makes for an uninteresting television experience. Second that Ed Sheeran didn't win anything. While I'm firmly on the Sam Smith train, I think one piece of the love could have been shared with good ol' Ed. I am a bit bias as Ed is one of my favourites but there is something to be said for the fact that his album is still number 1 and it came out in June. Finally there is the most relevant point, the fashion was a bit yawn worthy. As usual there was some real stinkers but there wasn't much that wowed me. Hence I was able to narrow it down to five looks, three good and two bad. 

Taylor Swift 
I think Taylor was by far the best dressed of the evening. The cut of this dress is not something I would think I would enjoy but somehow it works. The high-low hemline shows off her gorgeous legs and those beautiful shoes that are a pop of colour to offset the teal. Speaking of the teal, lets mention how gorgeous of a colour this is. It goes really well with Taylor's skin and hair, making her look glowing and radiant. Really, T Swizzle can do no wrong. 

Joy Villa 
I'm not really sure who this woman is but she looks as though she forgot to get a dress and stopped at a road works site on the way. It is literally netting they use to block off work sites, that is not fashion in any way. It is way too revealing, to the point of being all out see through. You can see the little skin coloured underwear she is wearing and that is not a good look. The fascinator on her head is just the cherry on top of the non-edible cake. 

BeyoncĂ© 
As I said, the fashion choices were slim pickings this year. Though I really like this dress, I don't know if it would make my best dressed in any other circumstances. This is the classy way to do see through. You can see a little bit of the leg through the netting but it is in no way trashy or too revealing. The real skin was kept for the big v neck and I think it worked perfectly, two centimetres wider or longer and it would have been too much but it is just the right size. Her hair is slightly too much, I think she got a bit heavy handed on the extensions but other than that she looks gorgeous. 

Antonique Smith
Another woman who I'm sad to say I've never heard of. This time I actually like her outfit so I would be interested in seeing what she is about. I love the colour and the pattern could be overwhelming but I think it was spaced out enough that it works. The split between the skirt and the crop top is a welcomed break from the pattern and the dress would not be nearly as impactful without it. It is also a perfectly sized gap, showing a bit of her toned stomach but not too much. This is a dress I would really love to wear if I had the chance. 

Madonna 
Oh my god, she is just too old. No one would look good in this matador meet stripper meet Italian widow look. She's already the queen of pop, I just don't see why she continues to look as though she tries so hard. If she came in a super classy ensemble, I think people would respect her even more and consider even more of a legend. The way she continues to try and look young and relevant actually is counteracting that. Come on Madonna, you can do better. 

Now there's only the Oscars to go! This awards season fashion series is almost drawing to a close. Before we let it go, I would love to hear who you thought wore the most memorable outfit of the 2015 Grammys? 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig