Sunday 8 February 2015

Top 5 Travel Destinations


It's the second week of February so that means it's time for my themed week of the month! How very exciting. This month we're going really broad and doing Top 5 Week, which I think will be super fun. To start things off I'm going to share the places that have my wanderlust radar going off the hook. The places that give me massive *heart eyes emoji* every time I see a picturesque image of their beautiful lands. The places that... well you get the drift. 

1. Bora Bora
I fell in love with this place when the Kardashians went there, don't judge me. It just looked so beautiful that is doesn't even seem real, much like the Kardashians really, it was very fitting. Ever since then I have seen a lot of pictures and heard a lot about Bora Bora and my need to go there just keeps growing. Living on those huts over the water would be a great holiday to take for a week or two and just relax. I don't think there's actually a lot to do in terms of activities but I would be fine to just sit and look at everything for a good few days. The only downside is that I've heard it is a very expensive place to go to, so I may have to save up for a couple of decades. 

2. Greek Islands
Another place that I want to go and just look at everything because it's so pretty (also, ironically, another place the Kardashians have been). I've wanted to go to the Greek Islands since I was a little kid and our friends went there. I'm also a BIG fan of Greek food so that would totally be a bonus on an already awesome picturesque holiday. I don't really know much about the Greek Islands and you'll see throughout this list that I haven't extensively researched any of these places so I don't have anything specific I want to do but it's just more of an area I would like to experience. 

3. Canada 
I feel as though Australia and Canada are kind of similar but very different at the same time. I would probably swing by Alaska as a part of this trip too and just spend some time chilling out in some log cabin somewhere. I would also quite enjoy seeing a real life moose (would a real life moose kill me? Do moose do that?) and a glacier, two quite different things but beautiful parts of nature nevertheless. After spending some time exploring the cute towns my Grandparents told me about when they visited a couple of years back, I will venture into the big city and see what's happening in the metropolitan parts of Canada. Basically I want to go to Tim Hortons. I would also like to go to the French part of Canada because I feel as though that would give me a well rounded experience of the country. 

4. France
Speaking of France - I know, Queen of the subtle transition - that is another place I would love to visit someday. This one is probably a bit cliché but everyone wants to go there for a reason. Personally I think the only way to do France would be an eating tour, macaroons all day everyday. Paris would need to be thoroughly checked out, with all of the classic tourist spots covered, then a trip to the French countryside would totally be on the cards. I would also be doing a lot of shopping, it's a given. 

5. Peru
This is probably the least likely of these trips to ever happen because I'm a bit of a chicken and treks don't usually appeal to me. That being said, I would really love to see Machu Picchu one day. It is such an amazing historical relic and it has such a deep history that it really fascinates me. More so than the pyramids or any other historical landmarks. I don't know how I'd go on this trip but the idea of it really appeals to me. 

These are just the top five places I want to visit, there's heaps more things I want to see in my life. I would love to hear where you want to visit so please tell me in the comments below. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig