Wednesday 11 February 2015

Top 5 MAC Lipsticks



From left to right: Plumful, Pink Perl Pop, Creme Cup, Patisserie, Diva. 
Not gonna lie, I'm cheating slightly because I only own five MAC lipsticks. In THIS post last week I spoke about how I made a sneaky little international makeup order and some of these lipsticks were a part of that. All of these lipsticks are really amazing and I think I'm good with just these five for now because they cover all of the bases. 

Patisserie - Lustre 
A holy grail nude for the likes of Lilly Pebbles and Vivianna Does Makeup, it was only a matter of time until I picked it up for myself. I have learnt very quickly that if something is heavily endorsed by both Anna and Lily, I'm likely to love it. It is very much a 'your lips but better' shade, to the point where I had it on and my Mum couldn't even tell. This may seem like a downside but when you actually apply it to your lips you can see that it does in fact make a difference. It is a good combination of peach and brown so that it lifts the complexion while staying very neutral in colour. The lustre finish means that it is creamy and comfortable on the lips with the slightest hint of indistinguishable glitter. 

Creme Cup - Cremesheen 
This was my very first MAC lipstick and for that it holds a very special place in my heart. It is very similar to Patisserie in that it is highly recommended by the beauty community and it is a nude shade. Different to patisserie, it is more pink in tone. It is something I would wear on a natural makeup day just to give my lips a subtle tinge of pink. It is a cremesheen formula so it is really creamy with a slight sheen but without the glitter that a lustre has. 

Pink Pearl Pop - Cremesheen
It is another cremesheen, meaning that it is very comfortable to wear. This is more of a barbie pink that is perfect to wear during spring because it is vibrant without being too bright or in your face. You can apply it full on for more of a pop or you can just pat it in for a bitten look. I consider this colour somewhere in between a real bright and a nude, it is the colour you imagine lipstick to be when you're a kid (either this or red). I don't wear this too often because I have to be in the right mood but when I do I love it. 

Plumful - Lustre 
Another recommendation from the British beauty blogging duo of Lily and Anna (and Amelia actually), this is a really unique colour compared to all of the others I have mentioned. The others are all nice but I've seen things like them before, Plumful is a totally new experience for the eyes. It is a mauve-y purple that comes off as rather sheer when applied. It can be built up for a more intense colour or patted in for a more subtle look. This is going to be a perfect colour to wear during the Autumn and Winter months because it is a bit deeper than a nude but it is still wearable for day to day. 

Diva - Matte 
I went a bit crazy on this last one. I've always eyed off Diva when other people talk about it because it is just such a gorgeous colour. I never justified buying it because it was so expensive and spending that money on a colour I wont wear terribly often doesn't seem like the smartest of ideas. When I had the opportunity to get it from America, I jumped on the chance to add Diva to the cart. It is a deep red with burgundy and purple undertones. It is very vampy so you need to be feeling pretty bold when you wear it but at least it does a pretty good job at making your teeth look nice and white. The matte formula is actually quite comfortable and it doesn't drag on the lips, which is something I had previously heard MAC mattes do. 

I'm really happy with my little MAC lipstick collection but I would love to hear what your favourite MAC lipstick is. There's always room on my wish list. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig