Sunday 14 December 2014

Day 2: Christmas Playlist


With Christmas just around the corner, it is probably time we all get the Christmas carols playing and our Christmas day playlists in order. Today I'm going to share my top 10 Christmas songs with you all to get everyone into the festive spirit! I guarantee that by the end of this post you will have a song stuck in your head. 

1. White Christmas - Bing Crosby 
I decided to bookend this list with really traditional songs because your home girl does not have the most traditional taste in Christmas carols. That being said, that film White Christmas is one of my all time favourites and this song is just beautiful. 

2. Last Christmas - Wham 
For some reason, this has always been my favourite Christmas song. Not the most traditional I know but I just love it.  

3. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey 
Another pop song, this one is just so much fun to sing along to. The version where Mariah sings it without anything to back her up and does an awful job is also very humorous, if you're looking for a laugh/cringe. The good version is probably best for Christmas day though. 

4. Baby It's Cold Outside - Darren Criss and Chris Colfer (Glee: The Christmas Album)
People rag on Glee all the time but some of the songs were damn good, okay!? Though the subject matter of this song is a little questionable. 

5. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Michael BublĂ© 
It is not a good modern 'Best of Christmas Music' list unless it includes a little BublĂ©. Luckily, he does a very good rendition of one of my favourites for me to put in. 

6. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Human Nature 
Human Nature has one of the best Christmas albums on my iTunes and this is my favourite track off it. 

7. Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens 
I don't even think this one needs explanation. 

8. Winter Wonderland/ Don't Worry Be Happy - Pentatonix (feat. Tori Kelly) 
Pentatonix is just, like, really good. The acapella sound makes the R&B sound of this song sound more traditional, but still very modern. It's such an interesting combination and definitely worth listening to.  

9. This Christmas - CeeLo Green 
Chris Brown's version of this song is the one everyone talks about but personally I prefer CeeLo's rendition. This also has a R&B vibe about it, which is really fun to sing along to. 

10. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole 
I told you I bookended it with classics! This song is about as Christmassy as it gets, it's literally called The Christmas Song. 

As a bonus I also need to mention Do They Know It's Christmas? By Band Aid 30 because it's been one repeat for all of December so far. I love listening to the combination of voices from all of the different performers, plus buying it supports a good cause. 

I've included the Youtube link for each of the songs in the title, so that you can binge listen to them all. Sadly, Justin Bieber's 'Mistletoe' just missed the list. Maybe next year Justin! 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig