Monday 8 December 2014

Current Reads: Girl Online


Now I'm not going to lie, I bought this book purely because it was written by Zoe Sugg, otherwise known as internet sensation Zoella. I had a lot of faith that this book would be good and luckily I was right. Zoe has written a great book by the name of Girl Online. It's not by any means migraine educing but for a light read it is perfect. 

Without spoiling it, the story focuses on a teenage girl by the name of Penny, who is being plagued by panic attacks. She's struggling with her friends back home but a trip to New York with her best friend Elliot and her parents changes everything. It's a love story that also touches on other issues such as bulling and life online. My favourite thing about this book (other than the plot) is the fact that it's broken up into the main story and then Penny or 'Girl Online's blog posts, which makes it more visually interesting and gives the story some variation. 

I don't really want to say much more so I don't risk spoiling it, but trust me that it is a fantastic read. If you're looking for a Christmas present for a girl from the age of 12 up, I couldn't suggest this more. It encourages reading without being too difficult and the story will get them hooked straight away. Congratulations to Zoe on producing such a great book and I can't wait for the next one! 

Here's to hoping we all find our own Brooklyn Boys...

Lots of Love, 

Shannon  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig