Tuesday 2 December 2014

Mini Drugstore Haul


When Priceline had a 40% off sale a couple of weeks back, I couldn't resist jumping online and checking it out. Though a lot of the products were sold out by the time I found out about the sale, I still managed to get three products off my wishlist. Then the foundation was picked up in a different trip. I'm going to give a quick first impression on each of the products because I've used each a couple of times now. 

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Ole Flamingo 
This is a lippie that I've had my eyes on for a while now but at the price of $24, I could never justify getting it. With the 40% off, I just had to give it a try. It's a very blue toned pink that can be confused as red when on the lips (in some lights). Because it is such an interesting vibrant colour, it probably isn't made for everyday wear. The applicator is made so that you can use the pointed end to line the lips and then fill it in with the full doe foot. The formula is matte, which makes the bright colour easier to wear and it's very comfortable on the lips without moving all day. Overall, I really like it and could see myself rocking this over the festive season. 

L'Oreal Super Liner 
After my dismal experience with the Eyeko Liner (read more my about my Disappointing Products HERE), I was once again in need of a liquid eyeliner. This L'Oreal number is streets better than the Eyeko, though it doesn't seem to be any better than my holy grail Maybelline Master Precise. It has a flexible nib that makes it really easy to apply and comes off very black. It has great lasting power, so I have nothing bad to say about it. Though because I don't think it is any better than the Maybelline offering, I will probably go back to that because it is $10 cheaper. 

L'Oreal False Lash Wings Mascara 
A wetter formula than my Covergirl Clump Crusher, this mascara formulation will take some getting used to for me. It works well, adding a suitable amount of volume, length and colour, though it is nothing to write home about. If you're into real va va voom lashes, this would be one to skip. For everyday use, I will continue to give this one a go. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude 25 Hour Foundation
Finally, the foundation that I couldn't get on sale. This one had to be paid for full price but I think it was totally worth it. Not only because I was out of my Match Perfection and therefore did not posess a foundation light enough for my skin. but because it is actually a good founation. It gives a light to medium coverage that is almost undetectable on the skin. It has a skin-like finish without being too dewy, meaning that it has a decent lasting power (maybe not 25 hours, but decent). I've only been wearing this for a couple of days, so expect to hear even more about it in the future. 

I'm hoping next time Priceline has such a marvellous sale, I will find out about it earlier so I can get everything I want. That being said, I'm really happy with my purchases and shouldn't be complaining that I saved some money on more unnecessary makeup. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig