Saturday 29 November 2014

November Favourites


Hey guys! It's been a while but I'm back with one of my favourite posts, it's November Favourites time! This month has been an incredibly busy one. Between end of year exams, beginning a new year of classes at school, doing my calisthenics concert and many other social engagements, I took no time to think about my favourite products of the month. Luckily, after having a quick look back I've got a pretty accurate list of what I've been into. 


Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Nude Foundation
While the name isn't quite as catchy as the name of my holy grail Match Perfection, I decided to give this new Rimmel offering a go when my Match Perfection kicked the bucket. A more in depth review will be coming in the form of a mini haul on Wednesday, but I will tell you that this is rivaling my precious favourite foundation.  


Real Techniques Contour Brush and Zoeva Luxe Soft Definer Brush 
I thought I had better give these two brushes a shout out because, though they were not new to me this month, they are integral to my current everyday makeup. I absolutely adore using the Contour Brush for my concealer on a daily basis because it blends really quickly and leaves a natural layer of coverage that doesn't look like too much. The Luxe Soft Definer Brush is a perfect one for sweeping a simple brown shade into the crease and blending everything out easily. I'm a sucker for a brush that does exactly what I want it to super quickly. 


Wet 'n' Wild Walking on Eggshells Palette 
This month I'm giving especial love to the brow bone shade in this palette, though the other shadows are great as well. Because this month has been such a busy one, I've been tired and using this shade in my tear duct helps to brighten up the eye and make me look far more awake than I actually am. It also makes a great intense (without being too glittery) highlight on the cheekbone. I actually used this on all of the little girls when I did their makeup for my dance concert and they said it made them look like princesses, if that's not a seal of approval I don't know what is! 




Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
I only got this book in the mail on Wednesday, after having had it pre-ordered for a couple of months, and I've already finished the entire thing. I will have an entire post on this book up next week but I had to include it in my favourites because I enjoyed it so much. Not only was it the only book I finished this month, but it got me back on the reading band wagon. I'm so happy that Zoe wrote such an enjoyable book. 


One Direction's Album Four
I'm not going to lie, the name of this album did briefly confuse me because my first thought was 'but there's five of them?!'. I did eventually cotton on that it's their fourth album and I felt like a raging idiot. Despite that, I really like the album. It very much follows the type of music they have done before, I don't think it shows as much of an evolution as their previous albums have. I like the mix of slow songs and more up tempo ones, I think that makes it good to listen to no matter what mood you're in. I would have to say that my favourite songs are Steal My Girl, 18 and Fools Gold. 


Heart Necklace
I can't remember what brand it was but I got this dainty rose gold necklace as a gift from my Nan this month. I can wear it with anything and I just thought I should acknowledge it because it's been one of my favourite things. 

I can't believe it's December already, this year really did fly by. The good thing is that December means Christmas and with the upcoming summer holidays I'm going to dedicate a lot more time to this blog. Yay for December!! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig