Monday 5 January 2015

Empties #1


So you came here to look at my trash? You weirdo! Haha I'm kidding, these are actually some of my favourite posts to read. I got it in my head a while ago that I wanted to do an empties post so I began to save. And save. And save my empty products. Now all of a sudden I've got heaps, far too many for one post. A part two will be up at some point but lets get these products covered first!

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation x2
Repurchase? Probably one day
This was my absolute favourite foundation for the first half of the year, which is made obvious by the fact that I went through two whole bottles of it. It is of a medium coverage with a natural looking finish. The colour match is pretty good for my winter skin, which luckily follows through with the same shades in the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation range. Though I have moved on to that for the moment, I will inevitably go back to the Match Perfection at some point.

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild
Repurchase? There's better out there
I purchased this as a part of the Clinique three set system and it was my least favourite part of the set. Not because it was a particularly bad facial soap but because I don't feel as though it has bettered my skin in any way. Since finishing this face wash a few months back (I've been collecting for a while) I have purchased the Ren Clarifying Clay Cleanser and it has done wonders in clearing up my skin. There is nothing wrong with this soap, I just feel as though there is far better on the market.

L'Oréal Ever Créme Shampoo and Conditioner
Repurchase? I don't think so
Much like the cleanser above I am a bit indifferent about this set of shampoo and conditioner. I bought it expecting great things and it was just okay. It defitiely left my hair feeling clean and conditioned but I have had the exact same results from cheaper products. I really enjoyed the coconutty smell of this product but I would never buy a shampoo purely for that.

Body Shop Shea Sugar Body Scrub
Repurchase? Totally
The Body Shop's scrubs are my favourite and I have already moved on to a new one, all be it in a different scent. This is quite a harsh scrub that really does what it says on the tin. The scent is nice and non-offensive. Personally, I find the shea line at The Body Shop to be the most subtle scent that will mix well with anything and not linger around for too long. All in all I love this scrub and would gladly continue to use it.

Edward Beale Argan Oil Masque
Repurchase? I'm interested in trying other things
For the first ever hair masque I've tried, this impressed me. It made my hair feel a bit softer when I used it and that was really all I was looking for. Using this was a pleasant experience but I am looking to try other things to compare. I just feel as though there are even better hair masques on the market.

Nivea In Shower Skin Conditioner
Repurchase? Already have
I don't use this product as my only moisturiser but I use it in conjunction with other body moisturisers to ensure maximum effectiveness. This really does work to hydrate the skin, though I don't think my very dry legs would like having just the in shower conditioner. I find this stuff really enjoyable to use and have absolutely no complaints! 

There we go. I hope you all enjoyed having a bit of a root around in my rubbish and reading whether or not I would repurchase them. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig